Chapter 6

"Oh you look so darling!" My mum cried out as Gemma walked down the stairs to greet Jake.

I sat in the kitchen with Louis going over flash cards. Neither one of us had a date for homecoming. Who would want to date a geek anyways?

"Have fun you two and don't be gone too long!" Mother was always trying to keep Gemma and I safe.

"Oh don't worry Mrs. Styles! She'll be safe with me!" As she closed the front door, she rushed into the kitchen to gather her things.

"Mum where are you going?" I curiously asked.

"Oh out with some of the girls from work! Dinner is in the fridge for you two and be safe!" She was out that door a second later and it was just me, Louis, and our flash cards.

"I think that's enough studying for us!" Louis said as he began rummaging through the fridge.

"It's only been two hours! We have to get A's!" I replied. I was very strict on myself about my grades.

"Marcel you could recite that whole book in your sleep!" Louis hollered from the fridge with a mouth full of food.

"Hey what's this note on the fridge? And who's Harold?" I quickly ran and grabbed the note from him.

"It's from my mum. And that's my real name, but it's Harry for short." Louis stood there with a shocked look.

"Well mate why the fake name?" I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell him but he was my only friend.

"I-I was teased when I was younger. Everyone would try to cut my hair and call me 'Hairy Harry' and make up stupid chants."

He put an arm around me and said "That's alright lad I was teased too. But I like that name. Harry. Harry Styles. Has a nice ring to it like one of those cool kids names!"