Time To Step Up - Chapter Three

Time To Step Up

~***************~

Chapter Three

~***************~

A few days flew smoothly through school, even though a few students repeatedly threw stuff at Amelia.

She is enjoying classes more now that I am there, she feels confident and she is smiling more often. We talk every night over the phone as she gets lonely after her work shirt when her Grandparents are really tired. It feels like we're sisters.

Today, I am going to experience my first gym class here. Miss Eddstone, our 'evil' sports teacher, had a surprise in store for us girls Thursday morning.

"Ladies, as you know, we've lost a lot of cheerleaders last year." she announced, "So, I wanna see hard work and support from you girls. Sienna, show them the routine."

A tall, skinny girl with burgundy hair showed us some moves, which we had to do. I can't believe Miss Eddstone is making us audition, or try-out, whatever you call it, for freaking cheerleading.

Amelia didn't want to do it, not after what happened. Plus, girls were laughing at Amelia's dancing. What that Sienna girl showed us was not for beginners.

Now, everyone has to di it individually, and now it is Amelia's turn, she struggled as the routine was complicated with too many different moves. How can you get something memorized in half an hour into the lesson?

"Amelia, you are not even trying! Start again." Miss Eddstone told her in an annoyed tone, "This is a waste of time." She mumbled, but I heard her, all right. This teacher needs to encourage, not put down.

"Miss it's hard." Amelia protested, shyly.

"The other girls can do it, Amelia. You're not trying hard enough."

I then butted in, not liking how Miss Eddstone is talking to my best friend, "Do we have to be a cheerleader?"

Miss Eddstone looked at me, shocked that I have even spoken back to her. And, it did sound a little cocky.

"Well, we need to support the school, Miss Wilde." Miss Eddstone said.

"Well, aren't we already supporting the school by showing up to the events and cheering from the crowds?"

"Don't get smart with me, Miss Wilde."

"Sorry, Miss, but I was only just saying." I put my hands up in a surrender, "Just thought that everyone can choose what they want to do." I mumbled quietly.

Miss Eddstone ignored our little conversation, and I was the last person from the register. The moves were too cheerleady for me, so, even if I might get in trouble, I made it more street. Miss Eddstone stopped me and scolded me for changing it, telling me I was being cheeky, cocky, rude. Oh well, I won't be on the cheerleading squad, oh how heartbreaking. Yeah right.

"To the Principal's office, now!" she demanded, annoyed with me now after I made another comment. Amelia giggled and some other girls did too, "It's not funny!"

"It's well funny." I said out loud for her to hear it, walking off.

~***************~

"I don't know how you can do it." Amelia said to me after we met up after a small lecture from my uncle. We walked through the crowded hallway to our music class.

"Do what?" I asked, replacing my New York cap and slanted it for style, stroking my low-side pony-tail that rested on my chest.

"Speak your mind. To teachers. Miss Eddstone looked like she wanted to rip your mouth off."