∞ Prologue ∞

Hayley's P.O.V ♥

"Oh come on!" I groaned, kicking the door of my locker. This was the third time that the lock of my locker got stuck. I tried the combination and pulled but it just wouldn't budge. I knocked my head on the wall.  

 "Hey Hayls. Having trouble with this thing again huh?" my nerdy best friend, Blake chuckled while adjusting his 'Harry Potter' specs. He always likes to sneak up on me, hoping that I'll jump or scream in surprise but it never works. He's wearing a simple t-shirt that says 'I ♥ Books' and a pair of worned out jeans. He had a tall frame but was thin and looked really fragile."Mhm," I said. "My Physics textbook is in there. Mr Hoggins is so gonna kill me. That oldie is not gonna take this as an excuse,"

"Here, I'll lend mine to you. You can hand it back to me during home ec," Blake said, grabbing his Physics textbook from his bag and handing it to me. "

"Thanks," I replied, giving him a sincere smile. "No biggie. Listen, there's something important I have to tell you.." Blake said while chewing the insides of his mouth nervously.

"Shoot," "Well....erm... you see...I'm moving to Wisconsin in a week or two. My family's been having financial problems lately and my parents can't afford paying for this house anymore. We're moving in with my aunt and uncle,"

"What?! Why didn't you...," I asked in shock, my eyes almost popping out of my sockets.

"I just didn't know how to tell you. I'm so sorry Hayls," Blake said while squeezing my left shoulder. I shook my head and walked away.

Two weeks had passed and it was time to say goodbye. "I'm gonna miss you a lot,"Blake whispered.

"I'm gonna miss you more," I choked on those words, not holding back my tears. "Aw come on, don't cry. You'll find other buddies that are even better than me. I'll visit when I can, okay?" Blake hugged me. Blake was the only friend I've ever had in high school. We were both referred to as the nerds/bookworms of the school. The first time I saw him was when he was getting pushed around by the big guys. His hazel brown hair was in a mess and his shirt was crumpled. His face was as pale as a ghost. I stepped up for him and told them to leave him alone. Since then, we became best buddies and were inseparable.

Blake waved at me and flashed me his signature toothy grin before stepping into a white van. I watched as the van drove off, moving further and further away until I couldn't see it anymore. More tears started streaming down my cheeks as I whispered,"Goodbye Blake," 

That was the last time I ever saw my dearest friend.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

So yeah, this is the prologue for my story. Hope you guys like it! This is my first ever story so don't judge hehe

~ Nat ❤