Twelve.

Now Playing... My Dilemma

"Molly?" Wes' voice rang through the house, and I ran to the front door, smiling brightly at him, but as soon as I took in his face, my smile instantly disappeared. He sighed, grabbing his jacket from the closet. "I need to tell you something."

My heart pounded against my chest. "W-what's wrong?"

"I'm going back to London."

Everything around me stopped, and all I could do was stare at him. "Why?"

He smiled slightly, looking away from me. "I'm asking my girlfriend to marry me."

"But Wes..." I swallowed the lump in my throat, stepping closer to him. "What about me? I thought... I thought things were changing."

"When you will get it, Molly?" He growled, his eyes narrowing. "You never meant anything to me. I only needed you so I could get to London, and all you will ever be is the worthless, cry baby you were in high school. You. Don't. Matter."

My knees shook as I gripped my chest, gasping as I looked away from him. It was as if my heart was preparing to take its last breath, desperately holding onto the last string, but Wes had the scissors, and he was moving dangerously close to ending my heart's fight. My eyes blurred and I ran out the front door. He hadn't realized why I ran at first, but when he did, he was hot on my heels. He continuously shouted my name, but I kept running.

"Molly, wait!" He hollered, but I pushed myself harder. Eventually, my legs started giving out, and I collapsed to the ground. Wes slammed into me, and we fell backwards, with him lying on top of me. I squirmed beneath him, hitting his chest as hard as I could, but he grabbed my wrists, holding them tightly above my head.

"Let go of me!" I screamed as tears streamed down my face.

He shook his head. "No. Not until you let me talk."

I thrashed beneath him, twisting my wrists in his hand, but he held me tighter, and he roughly smashed his lips against mine. I tried to pull away, but gave up when I realized there was no use. Unable to resist, I gave in and kissed him back, even though I knew I shouldn't have. He made me feel in a way that not even Mason could. When we pulled away, he laid his head against my chest, letting out a few deep breaths, before his sorrow filled eyes met mine again.

"I lied. All of those things I said weren't true. You are not worthless, and you're the strongest girl I've ever met. You mean everything to me." He paused to let go of my wrists as his hand caressed my cheek. I leaned into his touch, closing my eyes. "And I don't love the girl in London. We broke up right before I left. You're the one I'm really in love with, Molly."

He paused again to place a soft kiss against my lips before pulling away, his eyes burning into mine. "It's always been you."

And then I woke up.

My breath caught in my throat. The dream seemed too real. My lips tingled, as if he had actually just kissed me. But I knew better than to believe he would ever say those things to me.

Rolling out of bed, I took a quick shower before dressing for Wes' party. After I applied my makeup, I walked downstairs to see mom and dad setting up tables and chairs outside, and Wes was sitting in the kitchen. When he caught sight of me, he motioned for me to come to him. As I walked over, he glanced out the patio door at my parents who were still facing away from us, and then he pulled me to him, pressing his lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, my hands tangling in his hair. We pulled away, and I sat beside him.

"Why did you sleep so long?" He asked, and I shrugged. I truly didn't know why I slept so long. I wasn't even tired when I laid down. I was about to respond, but then mom and dad walked through the door, and they smiled at us.