Chapter 13:Start Your Engines: The Chunin Exam Begins!

Start from the beginning

Naruto started freaking out. He was anime crying on the inside too. What am I going to do! What am I going to do! That's it! I have to cheat and not get caught. He gulped. Yeah right and risk getting caught! Naruto said bonking himself in the head.

Naomi stared at the test tapping her fingers to the table looking bored. She hasn't answered a single question! What does this idiot think she doing!? She finally picked up her pencil to write something than put it back down. She sighed to herself. I can't cheat! I-its not right. Especially since it has to do with something serious. I'm just going to have to get the last one. She pushed her paper aside.

What the hell is she up to? Sasuke thought looking at the red head. She finally picked up the pencil only to put it back down. What's up your sleeve Uzumaki? My test is right here next to you. Your sitting by a comrade use your head! Sasuke sighed in annoyance.

"N-naruto is you want I could um........I could show you my test." Hinata whisper. Naruto looked at her confusion. Say what! She going to let me cheat? Why would she want to do that? Unless it's some kind of trick! No......wait.......what am I thinking! Hinata's not like that! She could have been forced into tricking me by Kiba and the others!

"Hey Hinata can I ask you a question?" She answered with 'hmm' "Why would you want to show me your test?" "W-why.....Well.........Just cause...........Well you see." Hinata took a gulp before continuing. "It just.....I don't want you to have to leave. Well.........It would be nice if the ten of us stick together.......You know being rookies and all." She finished with a blush. "That makes sense I suppose. I thought you were trying to pull a fast one! Hehe sorry."

This is my lucky day! What are the chances of sitting next to someone who wants you to cheat off of! Just as Naruto leaned in to look at Hinata's test a kunai flew past him. Centimeters away from his ear. He gasped n surprise. Naruto turned to where the kunai went.

Whoa how did they know! I haven't even done anything yet! "What the-What was that about!" The genin whose test was hit by the kunai yelled. "Five strikes and you out. You just failed the test. You are your teammates leave the room immediately." One of the chunins said.

One after one people were caught cheating. Each one of the victims getting defensive on their behalf.

"Psst Naruto.......Go ahead." Hinata told him. Naruto listen to the tapping of the chunins pencils on the paper. He gulped. "Thank you......I appreciate it but no." She looked at him in surprise. "I'm an ace ninja! I don't need to cheat to pass this. " "A well okay......but are you sure...?" "Yeah besides if I got caught cheating I wouldn't want you to get in trouble." Hinata blush a bit harder. He cares! "Oh yes right!........I'm sorry stupid idea." "It's fine forget about it." Yeah right! I ought have my head examined! When did I get so noble!

Naomi was getting worried. Should I cheat off Sasuke or no! I mean the last question has to be pretty hard but come on! My test is blank! What have I been doing for the past forty minutes! Plus if I get caught it all goes down the drain! Of all the people I had to sit next to! Mr. Attitude! The one with the ego bigger than his head! If he knows I'm cheating off of him his stupid egos going to get bigger!Not to mention that stupid smirk will too. I could always cheat off of the other guy next to me but he's struggling himself. No! No! focus! Last question Naomi! No cheating! The last one! I only have to get one right.......right? But it's such a risk! Well I guess this risk is something I'm willing to take. I can only hope for the best.

Twenty minutes left! What have I been doing! In five minutes there going to say the final question. This is what it all comes down to. Everything's riding on that! Believe it! Naruto shouted in his head.