Chapter 4

She  got dressed and skipped towards the group of boys inhaling food.

They mumbled greetings to her through their food as Alice sat down. She soon followed suit, inhaling her bacon and eggs. Minho and Newt giggled a bit at the sight of such a small delicate little girl stuffing her face full of eggs and bacon like she hadn't eaten in days. They two boys just simply found the sight hilarious.

After calming their laughter Newt tried to start a conversation with Alice. "So, Alby created a job that someone had to keep you out of trouble during the day," Newt said poking Alice as she finished her food.

"Who was so lucky at to get that job," Alice replied sarcastically through her food.

"That lucky shank just so happens to be me," Newt said. Minho punched newt playfully on the arm for swearing in front of a small child.

"Why do you guys have weird words like shank and klunk?" Alice, having no idea what the words meant, didn't realize she was technically swearing.

"They are bad words that I don't think you should use," Minho said before Newt could say anything about swearing.

Alice covered her mouth and nodded. She then skipped into the kitchen to show Frypan that she was a big girl and ate all of her breakfast and to put away her dishes.

"Good job Alice! You are gonna get so big and strong so fast, I bet you will be one of the strongest people!" Frypan high-fived and hugged Alice as he said this excitedly.

Newt waltzed into the kitchen. "Shall we go and play in the forest m'lady?" Alice nodded yes and pulled Newt to the forest. Found a comfy place to sit and picked some nearby flowers.

Alice showed Newt how to make flower crowns though Newt wasn't particularly good at it. They placed the finished crowns on their heads and made one for all the other 12 twelve gladers.

Upon finishing the large task the two exited the forest and began handing the flower crowns out. Alice giggled when Newt gave Gally his flower crown. Alice had purposely left a few thorns on the flowers she used on his crown.

Alby actually kept the flower crown on much to many glader's surprise. But everyone kept there's on to avoid upsetting the little girl. Newt and Alice waited for Minho to return from the maze to give him his crown.

Minho rounded the corner and sprinted into the glade only to have a flower crown placed on his head by Alice. He laughed and kept it on as he walked into the map room.