Chapter 3

Gally laughed and kneeled in front of Alice expecting her to say something adorable, childish, or girly. Boy he was not expecting what happened next.

Alice quickly drew back her fist and punched Gally square in the nose. Hard. There was blood and tears from Gally.

"Holy shuck, I think she broke his nose," Newt said pulling Alice away from the very angry Gally.

"Do we punish her for harming another glader?" Alby got a bunch of no's in response.

"Come on Alby, she wasn't told those rules, and she was provoked," Newt said defending Alice.

"Alright fine no punishment then," Alby responded and promptly walked away. The group of boys who were basically Alice's older brothers now cheered.

Alice yawned and gave her 'brothers' all goodnight hugs and Newt tucked her in. Alice yawned again, but she couldn't fall asleep with this question on her mind so she asked Newt before her left.

"Newt, how long have you guys been here?" Alice's voice was interrupted by a yawn.

"Almost a year. Now, go to sleep Alice we can talk more in the morning. Goodnight Alice," Newt said and patted Alice in the head and walked away.

Alice whispered to herself, "Goodnight Newt." Alice fell asleep as the words left her mouth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alice felt needles poke through her skin. They injected her with something that caused a painful burning and stinging sensation throughout her arm and the rest of her body.

"Help! Ow! It hurts! Please stop it hurts!" Alice's voice echoed through the lab like room. Just then, a woman walks into the room.

Alice does not recognize the woman but she notices the name tag on her lab coat just below where the word WICKED is sewn across the front. The name tag says Ava Paige.

Alice hears her voice call out to the woman. She heard herself yell, "Mommy please help they are hurting me!"

The woman had a sorrowful look in her eyes as she responded, "Just hang on my dear they are almost done for today, I promise." Alice's screams continued as the pain continued.

Alice woke up, but didn't scream. Instead she swatted at the tubes that were there in her dream but not in reality. Alice rubbed her arms and cried. She cried and cried till her throat was rubbed raw from it. Her hammock swayed slowly.

Eventually after crying silently and tearless for who knows how long the hammocks rocking lulled her back to sleep. Luckily for Alice, that was her only dream, or rather nightmare, of the night. Her mind was empty and dreamless until sunlight streamed into her hammock. The sunlight woke her and she was greeted with the smell of bacon, presumably breakfast. She got dressed and skipped towards the group of boys inhaling food.