Chapter 1 - Miss Mills

A/N – I'm sick in bed for a few weeks so I decided to write this to pass the time. I haven't written anything before so I apologise if it's not great. Also, as these characters live in Storybrooke, Maine, I have used American words and school system, but I am from England so if I make any mistakes please let me know, I'm open to criticism. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

Ugh school. It's my first day of senior year and already students have found their cliques and caught up on the latest gossip. I never really had any friends in school, so I just walk to my first lesson.

I take a seat near the back, and prepare myself for the first English lesson of the year. I don't hate school, well.... Normally. But the latest set of foster parents were rich, and insisted I go to an expensive private school, with a uniform that leaves little to the imagination, if you get what I mean. The skirts are so short, I'm sure you could find thicker belts.

I've been here for 3 years, and luckily, this year was my last. Don't get me wrong, I'm top of the class in most subjects, but the horny boys and preppy cheerleaders gave me a constant headache.

As I wait for my class to begin, I start doodling my birth name across my notebook. My new family insisted I have their last name, despite me being 16 at the time. They call me Emma Kitsis, but I think Emma Swan sounds so much better, right?

The door to the classroom opens, and I try to see who it is. I hoped it would be my teacher from last year, Mr Hopper; he loved me and always gave me good marks. I also used to go to him if I was stressed, he seemed really good with that stuff. I suppose I could settle for Miss Booth too, she was always nice to me.

Everyone took their seats, giving me the chance to look at the teacher. Unexpectedly, this was a new teacher, and, unusually for this school, she was young and, admittedly, gorgeous. She stood waiting for the class to quieten down, and then she smiled and started to speak. Her smile made me go weak at the knees, and her voice! That voice was so sexy I couldn't help but feel warm in all the right places. Wait, stop Emma! She's your teacher!

'Good morning students, welcome back. For those of you wondering who the heck I am, my name is Regina Mills, and I am replacing Mr Hollis as the principal, and you lucky students will have me as your English teacher for your final year here at Storybrooke Prep'. She stood and walked to the chalkboard and looked around at us. For someone so young and petite, she sure knows how to fill a room with her presence, and the other students seem to think so too, the room was silent.

Now that she was standing, she looked even better. She wasn't tall, but the heels she was wearing added at least 3 inches. She was wearing a black pencil skirt, which was just short enough to make me feel weak, as it showed off her incredibly toned, smooth legs. She also wore a matching black blazer with a white shirt, and as she started to speak again, I tore my gaze away from her legs and looked back at her face.

'Right, now students, hopefully you will have noticed the papers on your desks. You will find it is a short test to determine if you are cut out for my class this year. You have 45 minutes starting now'. Complaints and groans erupted around the room, causing her lips to form a devilish smirk. God she's hot. '44 minutes, 45 seconds'.

Everyone turned their papers over and began. I took one look at the paper and let out a sigh of relief, these questions were easy. When I finished, I looked at the clock, only 20 minutes had passed! Smiling to myself, I sat back in my chair and wondered what to do.

I looked at Regina. She looked like she was doing some paperwork, at her desk, and she looked focused, so I took the chance to study her features again. Her lips rose into a small smile, which confused me, paperwork can't be that great. Her eyes were completely focused on the paper in front of her. They were dark brown, which was nothing special, but I couldn't look away. The longer I looked, the harder it became to look down. It was magnetic.

Suddenly she looked up, and met my gaze, so I look down at my paper, feeling heat rush to my face. What the hell was I doing? She's your teacher Emma! I look at the clock again and I'm surprised to see that 5 minutes had passed. I spent 5 minutes staring at my principal! Out of the corner of my eye, I see her sorting the papers on her desk; she had an amused look on her face. Then she stood up, so I quickly pretend to play with my pen, but I hear the clicks of her heels on the tiled floor, walking towards my desk.

I start to get nervous. I shift in my chair and as she turns to look at another student, my gaze falls on her again. Wow I'm really starting to love pencil skirts. As she turns again, her skirt lifts slightly, and oh my god are those stockings? She starts walking toward me again. I look up at her, but she's already looking at me. I gulp but don't look away, I can't, it's like I'm being pulled into those beautiful brown eyes. 4 steps away. Our eyes are locked and I can't look away, not that I want to. Three steps. Two.

'Have you finished Miss...?' she showed her teeth in another smile.

'Uh, Emma Swan' I manage to get out, not realising I had given her the wrong name, oh well.

'Have you finished the test Miss Swan?' she repeated, cocking her head and smiling.

That's it. One smile and I forget how to breathe. I nod wordlessly. She takes me paper, and walks back to her desk, so I can finally take a breath.

I chew my lip, trying to make sense of everything.

1- She is my teacher

2- She is the principal

3- She's at least 5 years older than me

4- She's drop dead gorgeous.

Well so much for that.

She probably as a boyfriend. I wonder what he's like, who is he? Maybe she's single. I shake my head. I shouldn't be thinking about this. But I can't help it.

My eyes are drawn back to her for the hundredth time today. When she smiled at me before, I noticed a hint of something in her eyes... Lust? No. I probably imagined it, wishful thinking. I scrutinise her with my gaze. I wonder what she's thinking about? I frown at myself. I shouldn't care.

I drag my eyes away from her and look at the clock. Only 5 minutes till next period. That means my classmates only had that amount of time to finish their tests. I look around at their faces and have to hold back a laugh. They all look like they are struggling, which I don't understand, who doesn't know how to evaluate a text?

The click of heels makes me turn my head towards the woman walking towards me. She approached me with a smirk on her face, which was accompanied by a raised eyebrow as she put my test on my table. She turned and walked to the front of the class and I could swear she was swaying her hips just to tease me.

'Time's up, pens down, pass your tests to the front so I can collect them'. She spoke with an almost royal voice.

Reluctantly, the students did as they were told, and I found myself wondering if I had to pass mine forward or not, and the confusion must have been apparent in my face because when I looked up at her, she shook her head slightly.

I look down at my paper and see the red writing at the top. 100%. I smile to myself, satisfied. And then I realise a post-it note attached to the back. I frown and hear her talk again, but I don't look up.

'The tests that aren't in my hand will not be counted. When I say the test is over, I mean it is over.'

I look at the post-it note and see curly, old fashioned handwriting that I hadn't seen before, guess I'll have to get used to that then

See something you like, Miss Swan?

I gulp and look at her but all I can see is a smirk on her face and an amused look, before the bell rings and everyone stands up and leaves, including Miss Mills. So I sit alone at my desk, completely shocked.

Teacher's Pet (swanqueen AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें