Chapter Y

Kellobriah: I don't understand this at all. You never make these things easy!

Lumuos: Where would the fun be in that?

Kellobriah: Do you not want me to understand?

Lumuos: I want you to understand, I just don't want it to be easy...

The two girls pass by the luscious garden of lilies as they make their way down the long marble patio. They take little notice of the cyan moon, and the swirling stars that encircle it. They now exist in the place, and yet they do not. Is this the past or the future? Such concepts mean nothing to them, they are beyond even that.

Lumuos: This is not about redemption, as you thought.

Kelly: Honestly?

Lumuos: No, this is about self-respect. Come now Kelly, we have arrived.

With a click of her fingers, the blue hue fragments and dissolves away, revealing the true night. Only one person can be seen at the mansion now, but the girls are still surely observing from above.

Viola: Are you happy?
Now that I'm dead?

So, do you love me?
Now that I'm dead?
So can you tell me?
Though I am dead?

Shatter my heart.
Leave it to rust
Gone right from the start
Killing my art
So then did you know,
That I loved you?

End of the world
I'll watch it burn,
Right under your feet,
I am complete
For you are the one
That I live for!

Alexis: 'Tis a song that fools sing who know not of love.

Flurries of blinding lights coagulate in front of the fountain. A tall woman, skin as dark as ebony and cape as white as snow, appears in the moonlight.

Viola: Alex! Hey, don't sneak up on me like that!

Alexis: Have I sacred you? Pfft! How embarrassing!

Viola: Nobody asked you to speak! Humph... That's right. I don't care about something as silly as love.

Alexis: No amount of lies can mask what lies in a girl's heart.

Viola: Well then, I guess I'm not a girl!

Alexis: Why must you then sing it?

Viola: Why must you breathe?

One more strange figure begin to approach the courtyard above the horizon.

Viola: Why did you come here? Has Gyrion sent you?

Alexis: I am only pledged to serve you Viola, however, I can feel her presence nearby.

Viola: She must be growing impatient...

Alexis: Have you not yet opened the tunnel?

Viola: Yes and no... partially. I was only able to summon you and Onyu, but the ceremony hasn't taken place.

Alexis: You have not yet killed them?

Viola: ... I haven't.

Alexis: What must you await? The nobles rave on about your Achievements as the Weaver of Worlds. You can surely butcher 7 humans alone.

Viola: I can, but...

Gyrion: Willard's in the way?

Alexis smiles and takes her leave in a burst of light.

Gyrion: So she knows her place. You've trained your servants well...

Viola: What do you want?

They stare are each other for a moment. Gyrion smiles.

Gyrion: Are you wary of me? Please, I won't hurt you again. I promise...

Viola: .............................. Gyrion...

Gyrion: I've had to let go of my emotions, so I apologise for not being more welcoming. You have to let go of your emotions to get into a position as high as mine.

Viola: Gyrion.

Gyrion: But you don't have to, my dove. You managed to become the Weaver in an instant, and it's because you have potential greater than anyone I have ever seen before.

Viola: Gyrion!

Gyrion: My dove?

Viola: Why? Why must you act like that? I came into this knowing what I would have to do, so don't question me or manipulate me anymore!

Gyrion: Viola...

Viola: I'm not a little girl anymore Gyrion, I will kill them all, and efficiently. That's a promise.

~*'6o