Time To Step Up - Chapter Two

Start from the beginning

Robert checked his wristwatch, "Oh, sorry. I have to get going to meet Adam. Take care Mrs Clements, love you Olz." After a kiss on my head he left the reception office.

"Aww, he's lovely." Mrs Clements commented. "Now, I am guessing you are not familier with how we do things here." She leaned forwards, giving me a whiff of her strong perfume.

"No, Miss, I'm now." I admitted.

Mrs Clements gladly spent the next ten minutes patiently explaining what activities I could attend and what grades I needed to graduate.

"We've made a timetable here based on the choices you made when you filled out your application. You can change anything, if you're unhappy, just let me know." She then checked the clock hanging on the wall, "You've missed homeroom, so I'll take you straight to your first class."

Mrs Clements frowned at some loiterers by some lockers, ordering them to get to class, she then lead me towards the science class.

I started to regret coming to school now, even regretting to move here. To try hiding my nervous look, I lowered my DC cap to avoid any contact with staring students.

"Mr Richworth, here's the new girl." Oh, crap, time to step up, I reminded myself.

The teacher looked up from his laptop where he was calling out names. Twenty heads swung to my direction. To hide my trembling hands I stuffed them in my pockets.

Mr Richworth looked at my direction, he was good-looking in an older guy kind of way, "Olivia Wilde?" Some murmuring started.

I nodded.

"I'll take it from here, Mrs Clements."

The receptionist gave me an encouraging look and nudge and walked away.

"Take a seat anywhere you like." Mr Richworth told me, after Mrs Clements left.

The only seat left was right at the back left next to a girl with red/ginger hair that was seriously straight that reached passed her shoulders. She looked nervous and scared for some reason when I walked to her desk.

When I sat down I offered my hand for a shake.

"Olivia Wilde."

"Amelia Jones." she whispered, shyly.

I gave her a smile and she smiled back knowing I am friendly.

"Nobody likes siting next to me. I'm a freak." Amelia whispered to me, I noticed she has braces.

"Take no notice. I don't think you're a freak, and I've only just met you." I nudged her softly, playfully, which made her smile a little, "How are you a freak?"

"I'm smart and I wanted to be a cheerleader, and I sorta babble when I'm nervous- and that's uncool."

"Huh... so you have to be a thick-shit to be a cheerleader... cool."

Amelia covered her mouth to muffle her giggle.

"Take no notice of those cheerleaders. I'd hate to wear an outfit like that. Plus when I'm nervous I always think about dancing."

"Why dancing?"

"It calms me down, I guess." I shrugged, "Same when I'm upset- I find a lonely deserted place, play some music and I dance."

"Cool.. What sort of dancing do you do?"

"Street dance."

"Awesome, I wanna try street dancing, but you don't find street dancers at this school, and I wouldn't go to public classes."