Chapter 11 || Bad Health

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Harry's voice pesters. I let out a groan of annoyance and refuse to open my eyes. Sleep is longing for me, and I am longing for sleep. Just as I think I've earned peace and quiet I am disturbed yet again.

Harry violently grabs my sides and shakes me awake. Another dreadful groan escapes my lips. I roll back onto my side, resisting Harry's command which feels like a very bad idea seeing as I am still intimidated by him.

"Ariana, come on, we're going to visit your family!"

By this time, sleeping is the last thing on my mind, my eyes are wide open and I am sitting upright, my mouth drops to the floor in disbelief. Did he just say what I think he said?

Harry lightly chuckles at my reaction then looks down to his fingers in his lap.

I am going to see Darcy! Also, my lovely aunt Amelia who looked after us after the incident...

My heart warms. I haven't seen my dear little sister in forever.

"Better hurry up now, we don't want to keep them waiting." Harry instructs. He exits the room in vampire speed, a soft breeze brushes across my face. After Harry leaves, the maids enter the room to assist. Lola tends to the messy bed, folding over the sheets. Aylee begins to rummage around in the bathroom whilst Kenna picks out my clothes. I insist that they don't need to help and eventually they give up after I convince them. They exit the room gracefully after curtsying.

I can't help to ignore a tingling in my stomach, a feeling a can't explain. A permanent smile stuck to my face causing my cheeks to eventually become sore.

I am going to see my baby sister.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The familiar streets feel foreign and unwelcoming, no longer like the place I used to call home. My hometown streets have an aura of unwanted presence. Everything feels so strange, just like I felt in the palace on my first day.

Harry's private driver dropped us off in the wrong place, we have to walk for a good ten minutes.

As we walk along the streets to my aunties house, residence all glare at Harry as if he is an alien.

Mothers rush onto the streets, grabbing their children protectively and dragging them inside. The terrified looks painted on their faces worry me. Nobody should be living in such fear, but there's nothing we can do, that's just the way our society is.

The children shouldn't be having to live like this. I was lucky enough to have the majority of my teenage life living in freedom, but the generations ahead will never experience such a privilege. They will never know what it was like to walk the streets knowing that the possibly of death isn't waiting around the corner, or going to school knowing that you could dream yourself a future.

I feel lucky that I could do whatever I wanted as a child, but all fun and games must come to an end eventually.

The humans on the busy streets that aren't running and hiding are brave. And I silently applaud them for it. Many of them send him hateful looks. Their disgusted faces can almost explain in great detail the exact way they want to murder Harry. I can almost feel the anger radiating off them. But I can't blame them, if I wasn't forced to live with the King, I would hate him too, and in fact, I used to.

We are almost arriving at my Aunties house. A mix of nervousness and excitement buzzes in my stomach. In the distance I see her waiting at the front porch. She doesn't take long to recognise me. A welcoming smile quickly leaps onto her face, I can't help but smile too, Aunt Amelia's smile has always been contagious. I pick up my pace and begin jogging towards her, Harry following behind.