"No, it was definitely a rabbit."

Carol walked, carrying in her arms, the weapons that Carl had asked to be taken to Tristan, in case of an attack on him. After all, he was the only one, truly showing signs of being hit by this flu. And with what it did to Patrick, the last thing that they needed was for Tristan to die, escape from his secluded area, and infect the others. She also had an extra shirt that Carl had found and given to him.

Personally, Carol just wanted to kill him. He was a great hep to teaching all the other little kids how to use a weapon, but he was a risk to everyone here. He could quite possibly put them all at high risk.

He knocked twice, jarring her from her thoughts. His scarf was pulled over his mouth as he stepped out, and she too, pulled up her make-shift mask.

"Carl's a little over-protective of me lately." Tristan said, glad that his red scarf hid the fact that his cheeks turned a light pink.

"It's understandable." Carol began, placing everything on the floor, before taking a few steps back. She watched wit wary eyes as he approached he bundle, carefully picking at his things to make sure that nothing was damaged. "A lot of people are scared you might infect the rest of us."

"It's not my intention. I'm trying to get as far away as possible."

Tristan didn't know if she had made a sound, or if he had seen her, but his sense's went on high alert, and something inside of him made his body lunge to the side as Carol's knife came down in the place where his head had been only a second ago. He had less than a second to recover before Carol attacked him again, swinging her knife in a wide arc to her side. Tristan felt the knife come in contact with skin, giving him a decent sized cut right under his left breast. His foot came out, and hit Carol full on in the face, knocking her back a few paces.

She shook away the grogginess, and looked up, trying to locate Tristan so she could finish what she came here to do. Then she heard the click of a gun, and saw that he was trained on her, with not one, but two guns. His eyes were colder than ice and his features hardened into an unreadable mask, and he looked as though he might kill her at any second.

Carol stared at him for a few seconds. Before her head bowed.

"If you leave now," He began, looking at her coldly, his voice colder than winter itself. " I won't kill you."

Carol didn't move, she didn't speak. She was frozen in her spot, and her cheek was beginning to swell. This was not the Tristan she was accustomed to seeing, even when he was instructing children on how to kill walkers. This boy looked lethal, like he could decimate the entire prison if he wanted to.

"You have 15 seconds to leave Carol." Tristan warned again.

The older woman turned, and started to walk out.

"And if I even suspect you of doing something like this again," He started. "I'll make sure that Rick knows to look at you."

Carol bowed her head as she continued to walk out of the room.

Tristan took a step back, leaning against the wall as he clutched his chest.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tristan pushed open the door to the cell, looking at Carol, no signs of anger on his face.

"I swear, it's just allergies."

"Jeanette."

"They come and go,ask anyone from Woodbury."

"Jeanette!"

"Jeanette, just come on in here."Tristan said, a kind smile on his face. "Don't worry, I'll take good care of you." His hand reached out to her, taking it gently, before leading her into the already coughing people. It was only hours ago that people started filtering in, wanting to protect everyone else from getting sick.

It was then that Carol observed something about Tristan.

He didn't cough like the rest, he was't even paling. His skin still looked tan, and he still walked tall. Was he even sick?

Carol didn't have much time to wonder about it, as a little girl came up, speaking to Carol.

Tristan was helping people get into a cell, staring at them sadly. He heard a slight gurgle of someone choking, and turned to look at it's source.

Karen was bent over David, turning him on his side so that he could breathe better. Blood was seeping out of his mouth, and he looked like he wouldn't be able to breathe for much longer. His body spasmed slightly, before he stopped moving all together.

Tristan moved quickly, going over to his body, and pulling the stretcher along with him.

"Help me get him on to the gurney." He ordered her, getting a nod. He stayed close to David's head, and she moved to his feet. They nodded at the same time, before lifting his body, and pulling it back onto the stretcher. Karen started coughing, and stumbled slightly, not being able to keep up with Tristan. "Go ahead and lay back down Karen, preserve your strength."

She looked at him, his gentle eyes, his young and slightly feminine features, and wondered how a boy who looked like him, had tried to kill 35 walkers a day.

"Okay." She said with a gentle nod, turning and heading back away, only hearing the squeak of the wheels as Tristan walked off with one of her old friends.

Tristan stared at Daniel for a few seconds, feeling sorry for him. This man had survived the Governor, as well as the countless swarms of the undead, and he was taken out by a flu.

Tristan unsheathed his knife, before tilting the man's head slightly, and stuck the knife into the poor souls head, all the way to the hilt, just to be sure that the man would die.

He pulled the sheet further up on the man's face, not even wanting the dead to see the water that had welled up in his eyes. He let a sob escape his throat before he clamped his hand over his mouth, afraid that someone might hear him.

Then his eyes trailed upwards, feeling like eyes were on him. Carl was there, staring at him.

"I'm sorry." He said,simply, turning to look away as Tristan quickly wiped his eyes and sniffed.

"It's fine." He said, shaking his head and rubbing his temples.

"Um, can you tell Tyresse that he should come and visit Karen? If she and David got infected around the same time, I don't know how much longer she's got left." He said. Carl nodded before Tristan started to turn and head away.

"Hey!" Carl said before Tristan could completely leave.

The light haired boy stopped and turned to look at Carl.

"Today I saw a cloud that looked like a rabbit." He said simply.

Tristan chuckled.

"Maybe it was a duck." Tristan offered with a playful smile, causing Carl to shake his head.

"No, it was definitely a rabbit." Carl said, jokingly.

Tristan chuckled before disappearing around the corner, leaving Carl to stare at nothing.