Prolouge: We're Moving

{Your P.O.V.}

Everything was happening way to fast.

Monday:

I'm with my parents eating dinner at the table. Mom and dad didn't ask me to eat at the table often. Mom even made my favorite meal. Something was on their minds. They kept glancing at each other and at me. I pretended not to notice at first, but curiosity got the better of me.

Curiosity killed the cat, by the way.

"Okay. What's up with you two?"

"Oh well, sunshine. We're moving!"
I nearly choked on the water I was drinking. I coughed into my sleeve before looking back at my parents. I just gawked at them for a minute.

"What!? Where!? Why!?!"

"We're all going to Paris."

Tuesday:

I walked into school, yawning. I didn't get much sleep last night. To much had been on my mind for me to get even close to a wink of sleep.
My friends and teachers kept asking what was bothering me, but I couldn't tell them without tearing up. I'll break the news to them tomorrow.

Well...I ended up telling (best friend's name). She wouldn't stop pestering me, and it kinda...slipped.
It went down like this:

"Tell me what's wrong (y/n)."

"Nope."

"Please? With sugar on top?"

"..Nooo...?"

"(Y/n), tell me this instant."

"I'm moving!"

"What?"

"...I'm...moving. All the way to Paris."

Wednesday:

I silently cried last night in bed. (Best friend's name) was heartbroken when I told her about the move. I could read it on her face.

She told me how happy she was for that, and to send a post card! I can't tell who this hurt more. (Best friend's name), or me.

I wanted to blame something for making her so unhappy. I stayed awake for hours. I tried so hard to find something put the guilt on. Every time, it lead back to me.

A good portion of the stuff I my room has already been put into boxes. Including the clock on my wall.

I don't know what time I actually fell asleep, but I know that it was late.

Thursday:

I finally told everyone else at school. Nearly everyone had the same reactions. They either said how lucky I am, freak out because I was leaving, or...cry. Even my history teacher teared up a bit at the news.

I explained that today was my last day, because I would be finishing packing tomorrow. I say my last goodbyes.

I had to use all my willpower not to burst into tears myself.

I would not cry. Not in front of everyone.

I'd do at home, when I'm alone.

Friday:

I put the last few items into my bag. These were the things I'd keep with me on the plane. My phone, a book, headphones, a small pillow, and anything else that I just can't remember at the moment.

Mom calls my name from downstairs. My dad put the last of our things in the trunk. We all head into the car, and drive to the airport. It started raining on the way there.

Mom and dad kept telling me everything was going to be okay, and that I'd make new friends. I just nodded and leaned my head against the window.

Maybe I am over reacting a bit. Paris always sounded like a great place. This might not be so bad after all.

Eventually, I feel asleep with a smile on my face.

It was the first time I smiled all week.

It felt....nice.

Hello Paris. Get ready to meet (Y/N)!