/30/ the surprise

Samantha

I wasn't sure whether Luke was mad or disappointed at me. But to be honest, he was probably both.

No one could blame him though.

At soundcheck he acted like nothing had happened, probably so Calum and Ashton wouldn't find out about what had happened, yet I felt the bad vibes between the both of us. He tried to avoid looking at me and Michael as much as possible, which made me feel even worse. And probably Michael as well.

After soundcheck was over, Luke just disappeared. No one knew where he was until he showed up again 5 minutes before my set began. But I just tried to ignore him and concentrate on the concert.

I high-fived all the bandmates in my touring band, grabbed my microphone and headed over to the chair on the middle of the stage, on which I had to sit for the next 40 minutes and strum my accoustic guitar while singing my songs and some covers.

||

Days passed.
Weeks passed.
Every day was the same.

Luke tried his best to avoid me and Michael, by now the others had already asked me what was up so I'd told them. But they weren't mad.

Only Luke was.

Today was going to be a bit different though. I'd seen a doctor the day before and he told me that I was allowed to jump and dance again, which meant I didn't have to play accoustic shows anymore. And boy, was I excited. Even though there were only two concerts left on this tour, I was pumped to play a normal show and rock out on stage again, with new songs.

"Are you ready?" Luke surprisingly said and smiled at me, as we were all standing backstage a few minutes before my set.

"More than ready." I grinned, being excited as hell for the show and because of the fact that Luke was finally not ignoring me anymore.

"Then go and rock that thing!" he smiled like a little boy and held his hand out for me to high-five, so I did. Right after that I grabbed my mic and ran onto the stage, greeting the cheering fans with a quick "hello" and then starting the first song.

||

Towards the end of the show, it was finally time to sing one of the new songs so I had to introduce it.

"During the past few weeks I had loads of time to write some new songs, since I wasn't allowed to move a lot. I also had time to text with a lot of people and I think I may have found my new best friend, sorry Calum." I joked and the crowd laughed.

"My new best friend happens to be the person that has been hiding all day so no one, not even 5SOS, would know that he would be here tonight." I explained and giggled. "The song is called 'Kiss Me Again'. " I announced and quickly glimpsed into Luke's direction, who was backstage, and shot him a quick smile before continuing my speech. 

"Here's the special guest, my new best friend who you might know, here's Alex Gaskarth!" I shouted into the mic and the crowd went nuts as soon as they saw Alex walking onto the stage. He walked straight into my direction and gave me a big hug while the crowd was still cheering like crazy.

And then we started the song.

||

After I'd finished my set and had thanked the crowd, I got off stage again so the crew could get the stage ready for the 5SOS dudes, who were on in about 10 minutes.

"FUCK YOU SAM!" was the first thing I heard as I walked into the backstage room, where all of 5SOS, Alex and Bryana were already waiting. "Why didn't you tell us that Alex was here?!" Michael added, keeping his voice very loud, which made me laugh.

"I'm sorry but I wanted this to be a surprise." I smiled at him, who tried to look angry but eventually gave up and hugged me quickly.

"You know, Alex could've said something as well." Calum pointed out and now everyone was looking at Alex.

"No, I couldn't have because Sam would've killed me if I destroyed her surprise for Luke." Alex put his hands up in defense.

"True." I admitted and everyone giggled.

"Wait, this was a surprise for me?" Luke asked confused.

"Of course you idiot, haven't you listened to the lyrics of the song?" Ashton laughed.

"I thought it was just a new song...I don't know..." Luke shrugged.

"Let's leave these two kids alone for a bit." Alex suggested and walked out of the room with everyone but Luke and me.

"You really didn't realise that I wrote the song for you?" I asked, being a bit disappointed, but right then Luke walked over to me, grabbed my face and pressed his lips onto mine.

"Woah, uhm.." I said shocked after the kiss.

"I kissed you again, like you asked me to in your song." he smirked proudly.

"Wait so you did know that the song was about you?"

"Of course I did, I just didn't want to admit it in front of the others or they would've thought I was selfish or something." he giggled.

"Does this mean you forgive me?"

"I already forgave you the moment you and Michael admitted everything." he kept smiling.

"Wait bu-"

"I love you, Sam. I just needed some time to realise that. I tried to ignore you during these past few weeks but honestly, I couldn't stop thinking about you at all. This whole thing wasn't your fault and I'm not mad at Michael either, he's my best friend after all."

"I love you so much, Luke." I smiled at him with tears in my eyes.

"I love you too, Sam." he smiled back and then we reconneted our lips again.

"You guys can continue this later on but right now Luke has a show to play." Alex walked back into the room.

"Right, see you later." Luke quickly pecked my forehead and then left to get onto the stage.

"Thank you Alex." I smiled and walked over to him to hug him.

"I'm glad I could help you, you're like a little sister to me after all." he responded and hugged me right back.

"Let's watch the concert then, big brother." I teased him and walked closer to the stage to get a better view of my best friends and my boyfriend.

||

hi

so uhm i didnt realise how much you guys actually liked this fanfic until now and i just wanted to thank you

there is only one more chapter left of this fanfic tho, i hope you're not too sad about it (there are way better fanfics anyway, this is trash)

i love you guys ♡

-tori x