/13/ empty lips

PLEASE LISTEN TO 'ON MY OWN' BY ROSS LYNCH WHILE READING THIS, IT'S ON YOUTUBE & ON SPOTIFY AS WELL

||

Friday

Luke

"Do you have everything you need? Did you pack enough underwear?" mom asked me as I put my suitcases into the taxi. "Yes mom, I'm not 12 anymore, I'm almost 19." I said a bit annoyed. "I know. My little boy grew up way too fast. Have fun in the US and don't get any girls pregnant." she said and hugged me. "I won't, love you." I said and hugged her back before I pulled back again and got into the taxi and made my way to the airport.

Gladly I'd said goodbye to the rest of my family yesterday already or else I would've definitely missed my flight. There was only one more person I wanted to say goodbye to and that person was Sam. I'd tried to call her a few times already but she never picked up so I simply gave up. She probably didn't want to be friends with me anymore now that she probably knew that I liked her that much.

||

Samantha

"Samantha Jones wake the fuck up!" someone shook me and as I opened my eyes I saw that it was Grace. "What do you want?" I yawned and stretched my arms. "Where did you go yesterday? Luke was hella worried and wouldn't leave my side." she said and smiled slightly. "I just needed to get away from there. I couldn't face Luke after that song, he messed up my feelings so bad." "You really like him, huh?" she asked and I nodded.

"You should tell him." "He probably hates me now." I giggled and shook my head. "Besides that, he's probably on a plane to L.A. already." I sighed. "You two are so helpless and perfect for each other, it's adorable." she laughed and I hit her arm playfully. "Shut up." I said and layed back down on my bed. "Get up you lazy ass, I'll drive you to the airport." "But I'm still in my PJs and I look like a mess." "I don't care, let's go." she said and dragged me out off my bed.

I quickly grabbed my black Blink-182 hoodie and pulled it over my white tank top. The hoodie almost covered my blue, green-dotted pyjama shorts but I actually didn't care. I quickly slipped into my flip flops, put my hair into a messy pony tail and got into the car with Grace. I swear she drove past 3 red lights, once almost hitting an old grumpy man.

"Go get him, tiger!" Grace side hugged me as she stopped in front of the airport's entrance. I laughed at her and then got out of the car and tried to run as fast as possible with my stupid flip flops. I stopped a second to find out to which gate I had to go to and then headed there. "Excuse me, did the flight to L.A. already take off?" I asked a woman that was working at the gate. "Not yet, but it's going to in about 5 minutes."

"Can I go through the gate? I don't have a ticket but I promise I won't get on the plane, I just really need to talk to someone." "I'm sorry I can't do that." she apologised so I turned around to walk away but then a group of about 5 girls walked up to me. "Wait aren't you Sam from Breakaway Girl?" one of them asked. "Yeah." I tried to smile but it was really hard. "Who do you need to talk to?" a second girl asked. "Luke." I said quietly.

"The boys only went through that gate about a minute before you arrived here, we took selfies with them and talked a bit so maybe they're not on the plane yet." the first girl explained. "Thanks but they won't let me through anyway." I sighed. "Hold on." a third girl said, whispered the other girls something into their ears and suddenly 4 of them walked over to the woman at the gate. "We're gonna distract her while you go through that gate. Good luck with Luke." the girl next to me said and then joined the other girls at the gate.

I waited till the woman at the gate didn't look anywhere but at the girls and quietly ran through the gate. I couldn't believe that this had actually worked out. I seriously owed these girls something. But now I had to focus on Luke. I followed the signs to the plane but I didn't actually want to board the plane so if Luke wasn't in the waiting room anymore, I'd go back home and probably cry like a baby. But to my luck, he still was in the waiting room with the other boys and a few crew members.