42 I Don't Know What To Call This Chapter

Start from the beginning

Just how much did Conan tell her? Which friend? I closed the curtain again, walking back to Zi zi. "It's ok. I don't blame you."

"His death must be having a hard impact on you."

"You think?" Ugh, I did it again!!! Why is it everything that comes out of my mouth sounds rude?!?! Stop it!!! "Umm... how much did Conan tell you?"

"Well, he claims it was everything but the story doesn't explain exactly why he snuck out in the middle of the night." So only up to Jaden's death? Nothing about Rory? No, of course he wouldn't, she's in the BO, duh.

"Well, thanks for feeling concerned for me. I guess..."

"We're not leaving without you!" Shouted Ayumi.

"Yah!! With Ran's help, we can get you out this time!! Definitely!!" Genta and Mitsuhiko chimed in.

"What, you plan on using force? That's why she came? You would have to pay for any damages you make, an it'll be hard not to make at least a few dents with that meathod. And if you're going down the 'threats' rout I'll tell you now I don't care. You can break my arm if you want, I'm not coming out." Normally I would be terrified of her Karate, but whatever. I'm not in the mood to be scared.

*=*=*=*=*=*

Ran's POV

Suddenly, there was a loud BANG!! and pink smoke exploded from the tree house's windows and cracks. Everyone coughed for a bit, and when it all cleared I was relieved to see nothing had been damaged from the smoke bomb.

Wait... why would she have a smoke bomb? That wasn't her's, was it? Pink smoke... It rings a bell... who do I know that uses pink smoke bombs?

I snapped back to attention at Ellie's yelling.

"PUT ME DOWN, YOU JERK!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?! STOP IT!!!!!"

The Detective Boys had already circled to the back of the tree. I ran over to join them, and gasped at what I saw.

Ellie was hanging from a sturdy branch in her pajamas, swinging punches at THE Kaitou KID, who hanging from his knees just out of reach. The thief was obviously enjoying this.

"What's wrong, Ellie? I was just saving you from the prison!"

"IT WASN'T PRISON, I WANTED TO BE IN THERE!!!!! GET ME DOWN!!!!!!"

"Who want's to be all alone in the dark?"

"Me." She crossed her arms and just hung there, turning away from KID. "And our an idiot, ya know? I thought we agreed you could only come when THESE guys aren't here!" She gestured to the kids next to me. "and why in the world did you wear THAT of all things?!?!" She now pointed to his white suit. "DO YOU WANT TO GET ARESTED?!?!?!?!?!"

KID sat upright now, and pretended to pout. "KID will never get arrested, fool! And who are you to boss me around?! I can come when I want to!!"

"THEN COME IN NORMAL CLOTHES LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!!!"

He shrugged "Where's the fun in that? You know I like to have an audience!" He then waved down at us, smiling.

Not knowing what to do, I gave a small wave back. I think I was blushing. The Detective Boys also waved.

"Speaking of which..." He looked around the park. "Where is everyone? Why's the park so empty?"

"Rumors."

"Rumors? What kind of rumors?"

Ellie signed, not really wanting to say much more. KID tried again. "Care to explain?"