the girl who cried wolf

THE GIRL WHO CRIED WOLF

It was later that night that the teenagers sat in a circle in the chilly air outside on a small park nearby. Calum laid their head on Michael's lap and the older lad brushed their hair softly. Ashton and Luke kept staring glances at each other but avoid physical contact.

"Guys, let's make an agreement." Calum suggested, standing up so he was leaning on Michael's shoulder. "If we're gonna go through this band thing we have to trust each other. I've seen many artists fall apart and we have to be different and, fuck, I just wanna do something right, you know? And you are my best friends and I can't bear the thought of losing any of you. I trust you. Do you trust me?"

"I trust you. And all of you." Michael smiled, kissing Calum's head lovingly.

"I trust you all." Luke admitted and then looked at Ashton who was fidgeting with the hems of his sweater.

"I need to tell you guys something. I need your help." Ashton let out, breaking into sobs and burying his face on his hands. "... I'm scared..."

Luke moved to his side to help him, he loved Ashton to death, he could no longer deny it. He held the fragile boy in his arms waiting for him to calm down. Finally, Ashton lifted his head up and took in a deep breath.

[TRIGGER WARNING: EMOTIONAL AB*SE]

"I have a girlfriend and deep down I always knew our relationship wasn't okay but only lately did I realize it was actually abusive. And it's hard to admit this to myself and even telling you because I think it's my fault.

I should've never talked to her in the first place or agree to date her and maybe if I was a better person... I don't know... But I feel so drained. She keeps telling me that it's all my fault and I think it is but everything is so confusing... I just wanted to make her happy..."

"Ashton, that's an abusive relationship. She's the abusive one. It's not your fault and it'll never be, alright?" Michael assured, worried about his friend's safety. "What did she made you do?"

"Drugs. But I said yes, so is it my fault? Guys, what do I do... I need help. I can't run, she'll find me."

"First, we need you to understand that none of that is your fault, alright? She is the abusive one, don't blame yourself, Ash. You're worth the world to me, okay? We'll find a way out." Luke promised, intertwining their fingers.

"I'm scared..." Ashton cried into Luke's shoulder.

[END OF TRIGGERING CONTENT]

"We're gonna make it out of this together, alright? Ashton, hear us. We'll figure out what to do." Calum said, looking at Ashton who was a crying mess.

"I believe in you." he said, glad to have friends who believed him and stood up for him.

He wasn't alone on this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Its been like a month since i updated and im so sorry about that. Ive been so busy and lacking a lot of motivation and just overall very stressed out.

I'm so sorry. I'm gonna try to finish this stort until the end of march but writer's block is killing me. I can barely stay awake im exhausted.

Any music recommendations? I need inspiration.

Lots of love,

Inês