vapor

VAPOR

Michael and Calum found themselves alone in the classroom whilst Luke and Ashton went to the toilet.

Michael stared at Calum as they wrote something on that little notebook of theirs that they always kept around. He supposed it were song lyrics. Calum loved music with all his heart and loved to produce their own music.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" asked Calum, looking up at Michael with their innocent dark eyes.

Michael was one to live in the moment and make quick decisions and not let anyone stand in his way. That time wouldn't be different.

"I like to watch you when you're focused on something. It's quite cute, to be honest." he chuckled, his cheeks turning into a red color.

Calum blushed, looking down and mumbling a nervous 'thank you'. They weren't sure what to do next but they decided to let loose, like Michael would always insist for them to do, and just go for it and do whatever the fuck they pleased at that moment. And at that moment they decided to tell Michael about their feelings for him and, if those feelings were returned, to kiss him.

"Michael?" they stuttered, looking at the older boy fondly. "I think I'm falling in love with you."

Maybe they should've regretted saying that so bluntly but they didn't. Calum and Michael stood there just staring at each other as Michael slowly started leaning in, closer to Calum.

"I think I'm really fucking in love with you, too."

They kissed for a while after that, not muttering a single word. It felt nice, just them and the quiet. After they finally pushed away from each other, Calum started giggling and Michael just smiled fondly at them.
They didn't exactly know how their love for each other started but it was there and no one could take it away from them. It was magical.

The teenagers didn't know much about love but they knew that around each other they felt powerful, invincible and an extreme desire to be together and for them that was love.

+

Ashton sat on the floor against the tiles on the wall rubbing his temples.

"What's wrong, Ash?" Luke asked whilst washing his hands.

"I think I'm a bit fucked up..." he giggled.

Luke sat down next to Ashton carefully observing the boy's dark circles below his beautiful hazel eyes which were slightly red. Ashton chuckled and then stared at Luke for quite a while without any of the boys pronouncing a word.

"I don't love her, ya know?" Ashton admitted, looking down to his hands. "I fell for someone else... But he doesn't love me, I'm sure... Who could love such a dick like me? I get high all the time because that's all I can do... My system is filled with chemicals and I can't find a way to kick them out... I could blame it on her but I was the one who said yes, right?"

His words were slurred and tears ran down his cheeks when he looked at Luke again.

"Have you asked him if he loves you?" Luke questioned, trying not to cry himself because Ashton looked so fucking broken and desperate.

"I don't know... Do you love me, Luke?"

Luke kissed Ashton's chapped lips refusing to think twice about his actions. What he didn't expect was for Ashton to kiss back messily since he was a bit hazy from the drugs.

"Yeah, I do." Luke replied, crawling into Ashton's lap. "Why are you on drugs?"

"I don't remember... Just let me hold you..." Ashton murmured, kissing Luke's cheek.

He did remember but he chose to forget. The next day the same would happen and he'd forget it again. And he found himself stuck in a vicious cycle and it seemed like Luke was the only person who could pull him out.

"Ashton, please, talk to me. What's that girl doing to you? Who even is she?" Luke cried, looking up at Ashton.

He sat on the older boy's lap, his legs straddling his waist to keep Ashton from walking away and avoiding his questions. He saw fear in his eyes as he struggled to find the right words to say.

"I'm so scared, Luke..." he murmured, hiding his face on Luke's shoulder.

+++++++++++++++++++

sorry for the shitty slow updates but im honestly so busy rn its insane

expect one update a week idk im just so overwhelmed with school work and volleyball

thanks for over 1K reads i hope im not disappointing anyone

love,

inês