Chapter Six - History Repeats

A/N really random update, I found my wattpad account after years of not using it because of school/work and really felt like writing some more, so if you stuck around I appreciate it :)

We reached my apartment in no time, I rushed through the front door pulling Alex's shirt over my head and shoving another, cleaner work shirt on alongside a pair of fresh jeans. By the time I had changed we still had half an hour to get to work. The car ride felt long and was silent for the majority. I leant my face against the cold window attempting to get a little more sleep before getting into work. 

'Why did we think this was a good idea?' I groaned as the noise of oncoming traffic rattled through my head. 

'It was a good idea at the time.' Alex smirked. 'And you needed to relax a little Ace, it looked like they worked you really hard on your first day' He nudged my shoulder as he grinned at me.

'Yeah well look at us now.' I giggled as I pushed his hand from my shoulder and turned on the radio, the song I vividly remember manically dancing to the previous night began to play. I turned to look out of the window once more as my cheeks turned red from embarrassment hoping he wouldn't remember. I thought I had gotten away with it until he began to sing.

Alex's singing voice was better than I could have ever expected, his voice still slightly raspy from waking up. It sent shivers down my spine but I kept looking out the window hoping no one would realise.
"He's such a show off" Chris moaned as smirked at me causing Alex to roll his eyes.
"Well someone has to be" he retorted before continuing to sing along.

We pulled up outside the office.
"Still five minutes left, perfect" I said before thanking Chris for the ride and walking into the IT room. I sighed and glanced over to my laptop screen, it looked like the list of jobs had suddenly gotten even bigger.
I noticed a brightly coloured sticky note on my desk and leant closer to read it 'streaming setup to be completely set up by lunch time'.
"Oh brilliant" I mumbled before scrunching up the note and grabbing some tools. The door to the streaming room swung open as I pushed it with my foot, the sounds of shouting coming from the other rooms in the corridor. I had managed to finish setting the remaining computers up half an hour before the scheduled lunch stream which left time for whoever was going to use them to get used to the setup.

"Time for some lunch I think" I thought as my stomach began to rumble. I picked up my tools and pulled the door open, backing out slowly trying not to drop anything.
There was a thump as my back pushed into someone and a few screwdrivers bounced onto the floor.
"You've got a thing for bumping into me huh?" A deep voice mumbled into my ear.
"At least this time it wasn't coffee being spilt everywhere' it continued before I turned around, my face turned red as I realised I had walked into Alex for the second time this week.
"I'm so sorry Alex, are you ok?" I asked whilst trying not to drop anything else.
I looked up to see him smirking before taking a few items out of my hands.
"It's all good, let me help you." He said, leaning in closer.
"I was actually coming to find you to see if you fancied getting lunch with the lads?" I paused for a moment thinking back to the last time I went out with hat films.
"So long as it's not like last night, I'm down" I smirked as I bent down to pick up the few screwdrivers that had previously fallen.
"Maybe you shouldn't be such a lightweight" he retorted quickly causing me to roll my eyes and begin walking back to the IT department. I could feel him staring at me as I walked ahead of him but I refused to look back 'keep it professional Ace, at least wait until the company knows they want to keep you around first'

"Just put that stuff on the desk' I said pointing towards the disorganised desk in the corner of the room whilst looking at the Todo list.
"It just seems to get bigger and bigger" I sigh  closing the lid of the laptop before grabbing my coat.
"That's what they all say" Alex smirks nudging me with his elbow, I turn to him with a shocked facial expression only to start laughing a few seconds later. His shoulders relax again after realising I had found his joke funny, the shine in his eyes showing as he grinned. I've only know him for two days and yet he seems to have made life so much more fun, I look away from him quickly after realising I had been staring for too long, my cheeks burning slightly.
"Ready for some lunch then, where are we going?" I quickly added as an attempt to distract him.
"Well seeing as you owe me a coffee from the other day, there's a nice coffee shop and café down the road I think you'll like." He began, "this time I'd prefer to drink it out of a cup and not my jumper, what do you think Ace?". My cheeks began to burn more as I recalled the coffee incident.
"I think you'll find that was a joint effort, it wasn't just you that got soaked" I giggled as our eyes locked, the room went silent for what felt like forever.

"Smith, Ace, are you guys coming?" Ross broke the silence as he shouted through the glass in the door.
"Uh yeah, coming" I replied quickly, turning away from Alex and heading towards the door, I could see him smirk from the corner of my eye.
"You two keeping busy?" Chris joked as I opened the door.
"That streaming setup was a right pain in the arse, I hope you guys appreciate it" I replied trying to pretend I didn't understand what Chris was hinting at.
"So coffee run?" I continued walking down the corridor without looking back, hoping the other three were following, I needed some fresh air before I could continue any conversations.

A/N I'm debating on if I should keep doing this, let me know what you guys think.