Chapter Seven - A Better Day

I followed the boys into a small coffee shop not too far from the office, it looked old but cute and cosy.
"What are you guys having? It's on me" I smiled trying to recover from my embarrassment earlier.
They all gave their orders to the barista as did I, I pulled out my card to pay only to have it pushed away.
"Don't be silly, it's on me" Alex smirked before pressing his card to the machine.
"You didn't have to do that you know" I replied half in shock, he continued to look at me with his cheeky grin before heading over to the others.

We were midway through our coffees before my phone started to ring, I looked down at the screen.
"Lewis.." I mumbled before picking up the call, the boys had stopped talking at this point.
"Hey Alice, are you busy?" He spoke softly down the phone.
"I was just getting some lunch, is everything ok?" I replied hoping it wasn't something I had done wrong. Chris, Alex and Ross sat still trying to listen to the conversation.
"I'm sorry to do this but could you come back to the office? We're having some technical issues with the stream" Lewis sounded apologetic.
"Sure no problem, I'll be there in five." I replied before hanging up and sighing. I started to down the rest of my coffee before looking up apologetically.
"I'm sorry guys, I have to go back, something to do with the stream." I frowned as I stood up form the booth.
"No worries, I hope it's nothing too major." Ross chipped in before he took another sip of his drink, the other two nodding in acknowledgement. I glanced back just long enough to notice Smith's look of disappointment.

It wasn't too long until I was back in the office, fast walking down corridors to find the streaming room Lewis was in. I gently knocked on the door before entering, Lewis turned to me smiling warmly.
"Hey, what's up?" I asked, noticing the stream chat out of the corner of my eye.
'I wonder if I'm in shot of the camera?' a concern I didn't have time to worry about.
"Ah that was quick!" Lewis exclaimed before grabbing a headset from beside him.
"It's totally my bad, I dropped this and... Well you can see what happened, would you be able to set up another one for me?" he handed over the damaged headset with a look of guilt.
"Oh yeah no problem, I was worried it was something bad." I giggled as I began to set up another headset for him.
"Are you live?" I finally asked, the thought of being on camera nagging away at me.
"Oh yeah, I hope you don't mind but chat are asking who you are, can I introduce you?" Lewis asked calmly without even looking away from his monitor. I stood up and nodded, my cheeks ever so slightly burning as my nerves kicked in.
"Ok chat, you asked for it" he began.
"This is our new IT technician Alice" he exclaimed as he attempted to show me off, I waved slightly not knowing how to react. The chat on one of Lewis' screens scrolling too fast to read. He started to laugh as he nudged me as if to tell me to say something.
"Oh uh.. hey, I'm Alice but a lot of people call me Ace, nice to meet you chat." I said stiffly.
"I think chat is mad at me for ruining your lunch, I owe you a coffee, thank you Ace." He laughed whilst placing a hand on my shoulder, I nodded with a smile still at a loss for words,
'I suppose I would be a pretty bad streamer if I kept this up' I smiled to myself before leaving the room with the broken headset.

I had decided to try and get through my list of jobs instead of having the rest of my lunch. First up on the list was to take a look at Duncan's internet connection, seemed like a lot of the rooms were having the same issue so I picked up a spare switch just in case and a few tools. It didn't take too long to find his room and luckily he wasn't recording. I knocked on the door that was propped open with a stack of books
"Hi Duncan, I'm Ace. I heard you were having issues with your internet connection, do you mind if I take a look?" I smiled politely, slowly stepping into the room.
"Oh hey, nice to meet you." He smiled back, pointing to his workstation. He continued to explain the issues he was having and I was right to think it was the same issue hat films had.

I looked up at the clock, it was 5:30pm already. I smiled feeling accomplished after ticking most of my work list off throughout the afternoon.
'I'll just send this advisory email to Lewis and I'll be done for the day, maybe I should grab some pizza on the way home?' I thought as I signed off the email which suggested replacing the remainder of the connection switches in the office. It had been a couple of overwhelming days but I was finally starting to get used to the Yogscast offices.

"Hold the lift please!" I shouted, running towards the closing elevator. The doors reopened at the last second and I stepped in saying thank you before looking to see who had done me the favour.
"You seem happier." A smiling Chris Trott pointed out before pressing on the elevator buttons.
"Oh yeah! I got through quite a lot of work today, sorry for bailing on coffee I had to-" I began saying.
"I saw you on stream, you looked good." He smirked, looking me up and down before continuing.
"You'll get used to it." He placed a hand gently onto the small of my back, I froze for a second before the elevator doors opened and he stepped out. The silence continued as he walked away confidently.
'What?' I thought after snapping back to reality and stepping out the elevator.
'what just happened?'.