Chapter Three - Ectasy

I began to walk down the corridor staring at the art work passing me by, I heard the door click behind me and footsteps followed. "Hey Ace!" A voice called out behind me. "Ace, hang on!" Stopping in my tracks I turn to be greeted by Ross again. "Hey, you left this behind" he said handing me my phone. "It must have fallen out when Smith pulled you over." He said smirking "oh- yeah, thanks Ross." I said blushing slightly as I took my phone from his large hands. "It's no problem, look we're going out tonight for drinks if you want to come." Ross looked up at my face again. "But it's a Wednesday? " I laughed as I replied. "And? Who give a shit?" He emphasised. "Got some rebels here then, Sure, I don't see why not." I replied grinning, it'll be nice to get out and the coffee gu- Alex, might be there. "Great well text me your address and we'll pick you up at 8" he pointed towards my phone. "Okay but what's your number?" I asked confused as he smirked. "All of our numbers are already in your phone, you can't leave without them." He laughed as my face became contorted with confusion. Of course, why didn't I see that coming? I smirked and began to walk away from the dark haired man, "see you later then." I turned into my claustrophobic office and shut the door behind me taking deep breaths as I walked towards my to do list. Only four more hours until work is over. I felt the overwhelming urge to grin and jump around but buried it as another man walked into my office. I scrambled to my desk to shuffle paper in an attempt to at least look kinda normal to the stranger entering my office. "Alice walk with me" a voice growled from beside the door "I've got a job for you and it's probably gonna take the rest of the day." He said whilst hinting for me to walk beside him. "I need you to set up the streaming computers for tonight, there's around five computers all together." We had stopped walking down the corridor now and stood outside a sound proof room filled with cardboard boxes and equipment. "Tonight? By myself?" I replied in shock "It's gonna take a while" I searched the sea of boxes and computers that surrounded three small tables. "Yeah. Have fun." The figure shut the door behind him as he left me to set up the computers. Maybe this will take me to the end of the day, I can't miss this night.

It was nearing seven already and I still had two more computers to finish setting up when there was another knock at the door. "Hey, we're leaving now, want a lift hom- oh you're busy?" It was Alex this time. "I'm sorry, I have to get this finished by tonight." I sighed. "Look you only have two more right? Let me help you." He said smirking as he pushed the door shut behind himself. Before I could refuse he was sitting beside me on the floor surrounded by computer parts. "You don't have to do this, I'm sure you want to get home." I ended the silence that had filled the room for a couple of minutes previously, he turned his head to face me and replied. "But I want to be here." Our eyes locked and his crooked smile returned. I didn't know what to say, Alex began to lean in close ignoring the loose parts on the floor, our eyes still fixed on each other. "I can't get enough of you." He whispered in my ear before pressing his lips against mine. His hands wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer as butterflies filled my stomach and sheer ecstacy took over. My eyes jolted open and I pushed him away as the door clicked open, a grin spread across his face as the man entered. "The steams been cancelled, you can finish this tomorrow." He said eyeing Alex up before turning to leave. "We still have half an hour before we have to meet the others, I'll drop you home and we can go." Alex said grabbing my hand and pulling me up towards him, as I fell into his arms he looked down at me and smirked, stroking my cheek softly. "Let's go." I said blushing slightly as we began to walk to the elevator.