Chapter Five - Gentlemen

I rolled over to more empty space on the bed. An alarm clock was precariously placed on top of a few fantasy novels. 'Thank god it's only 8am.' I muttered to myself. I don't have to be at the office until 10 which is extremely convenient seeing as I have no idea where I am. I pulled the covers off of myself revealing a large burgundy shirt covering my torso, a chill rushed down my bare legs as I placed my feet flat on the wooden floor. I looked around the room as I stood up and began to walk towards the large wardrobe that covered one wall of the plain room, a set of beaten up, green camouflage clothes hung from the door, there were still some pellets in the pocket. My curiosity got the better of me as I slowly moved towards the bedroom door, it creaked and my face contorted as I pushed it open. 'No more drinking Ace, look where you are now.' I mocked myself as I walked down the slim corridor and into the living room, my feet pattering along the cold floor. I turned the corner to see empty bottles strewn across the room. 'I guess we must have continued the party here.' I smirked as I walked further into the darkened room. My ankles twisted as they stumbled over shoes that had been thrown away the night before. My body slammed onto the floor, my wrists taking most of the impact. The whole room filled with noise as I whimpered, my head spun as the noise shot through my head. I looked back to see they were my shoes, of course my downfall would be caused by one of my mistakes. "Are you okay? I was wondering when someone would get hurt." I heard Alex chuckle after popping his head up from behind the sofa. "Yeah, I think I'm okay." I said whilst trying to pick myself up as he jumped up from behind the sofa to help me. "That doesn't look too great Ace.." Alex pointed towards my bruised wrist. "Really not my week." I sighed sinking back to the ground as Chris and Ross stumbled into the room. "Who fell over this time?" Ross mumbled as all eyes fell on me. "It was me last night, those shoes are evil." Chris laughed as he tried to explain what happened, his laughter must have been contagious as everyone began to laugh. Ross rubbed his tired eyes as he stepped over me, "anyone want pancakes?" He perked up as he spoke, the idea of food made me feel ill after last night but I couldn't say no. "Right, let's get you somewhere comfier." Alex spoke as he scooped me up off the floor and sat me on the sofa. I grasped my sore wrist, hoping the swelling would go away quickly. "Here, put this on your wrist, and have some water." Chris said walking across the room holding a bag of frozen peas and a cold glass of water, I could hear Alex and Ross laughing in the kitchen as the smell of pancakes filled the air. I smiled at Chris, studying him as we stood quietly in the living room. "So how are you feeling Chris?" I asked, wondering if he did this kind of thing frequently. "Well better than you I guess." He laughed as he glanced at my wrist, "still sore?" I nodded, "makes work a little more interesting huh?" We were interrupted by the noise of a pancake hitting the tile floor followed by the laughter of Ross and Alex. "How old are they?" I rolled my eyes as Chris laughed.

We were all completely stuffed with pancakes and we still had half an hour before we had to be in the office, I was still dressed in the burgundy shirt with a melted bag of peas resting on my arm, it's not often you can say this happens I suppose. "I guess we need to find you some clothes huh?" Ross finally spoke up. "Yeah, I guess that would be useful if we're going into work in half an hour." I smirked, standing up and taking the others' plates back to the kitchen. "Want me to drop you home and we'll all go to work together?" Chris asked me after handing his plate to me and standing to find his car keys. "Please, if you don't mind, I at least need to put some jeans on." I smiled at Chris, noticing from ths corner of my eye that Alex was staring at me again, I turned to face him once again. "I'm guessing this is yours?" I asked him as he looked down to the floor. "That obvious huh?" Alex smirked as he stood up beside me. "Yeah, it suits you but I think I pull it off better." We laughed as I ruffled his hair and walked towards the death traps that Chris and I had fallen over. "Ready Ace?" Chris questioned after finally finding his keys, he was half out the door by the time I had replied. "See you guys in a bit." I exclaimed before shutting the door behind me.