Chapter 31: Fly

It was a gorgeous day, the sky was a brilliant blue and the air was warm. Today, Marinette decided to wear a maroon skirt with a beige tight fitting shirt that had sleeves that ended just above her elbows. She sat in the park with her sketchbook open in her lap. Tapping her pencil against the paper, Marinette scanned the area around her looking for inspiration. She jumped slightly when she felt her phone vibrate inside her purse shush sat beside her. Opening it up, Tikki handed Marinette the phone. Sighing as she saw who messaged her, Adrien wanted to hang out. Of course Marinette said yes, she told him to meet her at the park and he happily agreed. Luckily there was enough room in her purse for her sketchbook so she didn't have to carry. She waited for a couple minutes before seeing his get dropped off. He saw her and waved and jogged over.

"Hello my princess," he said.

He grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it. Patting the seat beside her, Adrien came and sat beside her and threw an arm around her shoulders.

"I have something very interesting to tell you," he said.

"Go on,"

Adrien explained what he had found last night. Marinette looked at him with wide eyes as she listened. Although Adrien didn't see it, part of Marinettes mind was screaming at her. Marinette knew exactly what those butterflies were.

"Adrien, I think I may know what those butterflies were," she said.

Adrien nodded slowly, not quite taking in what she said.

"Adrien, I think your dad is Hawkmoth," she said.

Adriens eyes widened. The air was sucked out of his chest, all the signs pointed him in that direction. Gabriel was Hawkmoth.

(The following is in the past, following Gabriel)

   I rubbed my temple as I was slaving over my desk. How are she do this. After everything I have done, that doesn't change the fact that I once loved her. That I wouldn't leave her no matter what. Even if I don't love her anymore. Now what was I supposed to do with that son of ours? I didn't have the time to take care of it. Surely he was old enough to take care of himself right? I sighed. Of course, with her death we had to clear out her things, and that's when I found her diary. Cleverly placed, in the bottom of her bra drawer, a place I would never go. And with all this new information setting in, I knew what I had to do. I wasn't the only reason why she killed herself, but I wasn't the only reason why she had power. When you marry someone who is known, you have power over other people. Richelle wasn't just powerful cause of me, she was Ladybug. And now, having access to something as sacred as Ladybugs diary, I knew the full extent of her miraculous. And it also gave me a better understand of the power of Chat Noir. Somehow, it was all too perfect.

I stood from my desk. It was late so I knew for certain I was the only one up. I walked towards where that stupid door was. I hadn't visited my old friends in quite some time. Not since before Richelle, of course my motives were different back then. I used to use my akumas to fight evil, now my akumas will do something so much different. I cracked a grin as my winged demons flew up around me. Causing a whirlwind of white and brushing me across my skin. It felt good to be near them again. It felt right.

( end of the Gabriel section)

Adrien hugged Marinette tightly. She gasped at the suddenness of the hug but then gently returned it.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"Don't be," she said.

Adrien had no reason to be sorry. It wasn't as if he was Hawkmoth, Gabriel was and Adrien didn't need to be sorry about that. Marinette stroked the back of Adriens head as she felt his tears hit the skin on her neck.

"It's ok Adrien. You're ok," she said.