Chapter 18: Without You

Ladybug gritted her teeth as she slid across the pavement. This akuma was giving her hell, but she wouldn't give up. She cast lucky charm and received a feather pillow. She knew knew exactly what she needed to do. She ripped the pillow open and the wind that the akuma was using as his weapon, whirled the feathers around, causing chaos. Ladybug used this to grab the akumatized item and smash it. She purified the akuma and returned the city to its previous state. She made sure the victim was alright before going home. Today was the first day without Chat Noir fighting at her side. Once she got into the safety of her room, she released her transformation. It was a Friday so she didn't have to sorry about school. She could stay up all night if she wanted too. Which she might, she also might not. She wasn't very sure about anything anymore. It was like there was a hole in her chest. She wanted to sink into it, sink until she was in oblivion.

"Cheer up Marinette! You just saved Paris! Be happy that everything is ok again!" Said Tikki.

"But everything isn't ok! I'm sorry Tikki, I'm a failure," she said.

"Marientte, you are the strongest Ladybug I have seen. You are also the youngest. You are far from a failure!"

Which was completely true. Marientte was defiantly the strongest. While Marinette had her struggles with leading a double life, she wasn't the worst. Tikki remembered how Richelle was always afraid of her opponents. If it wasn't for the Chat Noir of that time, Paris might've been doomed. Now, that Chat Noir was brilliant. He was a clever man named Martin, he of course had no desire other than to be friends with Ladybug. He had found out her identity early and felt nothing for Richelle. Tikki knew that the dynamic between Richelle and Martin wasn't healthy so she was glad to have such a strong Ladybug and Chat Noir now who worked well together. She was also glad that they found love, but she hated to see it taken away. She hated to see Marinette like this. Collapsing onto her chaise, Marinette looked at Tikki.

"Tikki, you are so kind. I don't know what I'd do with out you." Marinette said.

Tikki smiled and flew into Marientte shoulder. Marinette loved Tikki. Without her, Marinette wasn't sure what she would do. Not only would she have her friend, she wouldn't Ladybug either. Unto which, while Marinette did have her problems with everyone's immense love for Ladybug, Marientte did love her alter ego. She loved the sense of freedom and power as Ladybug. And she loved the smiles on people's faces when they knew Paris was safe.

Adrien was thankful that he had today off. He was able to check out the Ladyblog, which he hadn't for the pay couple days, not only did he see today's fight which he couldn't attend, due to Natalie checking in on him every ten minutes, and he also saw the photos. Both his and Plaggs jaws dropped once they saw that Alya had been passing by right as he kissed Marinette before leaving her. Not only did it crush him to see their last kiss, he was appalled about this. He felt bad for Marinette. Not only did she kiss a hero of Paris, some people may still think that they are dating. Which they are, but most people would assume they had to break things off due to his father.

"Well Adrien, looks like your girlfriend is cheating." Snickered Plagg.

Adrien glared. The photo reminded him about how much he missed Marinette. Then there was a knock at the door. He opened it to see Natalie. Again.

"You can tell Gabriel that he doesn't need you to keep checking up on me, I'm not going anywhere." He said.

"Adrien, Mr. Agreste is your father, it is disrespectful for you to refer to him by his first name." Said Natalie.

"It's also disrespectful for him to hit you, but you're not doing anything. So I'd do up your top button unless you plan on confronting him." Adrien said.

Natalie looked alarmed and looked down. It was true, she needed to do up the top button her shirt, cause right now you could see part of an angry purple bruise. She turned and almost ran. Adrien sighed and closed his door. He felt about about saying that Natalie, but he just got so angry all of the sudden. He went back to his desk and Plagg can out of hiding.

"Harsh don't ya think?" Said Plagg.

"Yeah. I feel kind of bad about saying that." Said Adrien.

Adrien leaned back and closed his eyes. He let his thoughts wade towards  Marinette and her heavenly blue eyes.

Marienttes eyes burned. It was nearly three in the morning, and she didn't even feel like closing her eyes. They were raw from crying. She wished she could stop but she couldn't. Her brain pounded against her skull as a migraine raged through her head. Her body trembled and shivered even though she wasn't cold. Her breathing rattled and a few more tears dripped out of her eyes and dragged across her face. She was laying on her side so one of the tears carved a semi-circle down her cheek and the other turned and fell beneath her nose. She closed her eyes. It burned. She squeezed them tightly and opened them again. And then they closed again. Repeating and repeating. Open and close. Open and close. And then she felt herself slip.

Adrien was running through hell. Not literally, he was having a nightmare. He ran through his mansion, with an akumatized Marinette chasing him. Yes, he did fear the day Marinette got akumatized, he couldn't imagine fighting her. Not only was she stronger than him, he couldn't imagine ever hurting her. He found himself cornered by her. She laughed.

"Oh poor poor Adrien. Wanna go cry to mommy? Oh wait, she's dead!" Marinette yelled.

She threw her head back laughing. She then moved close to him and held a knife to his throat.

"Oh Adrien, I wanted you for so long, but I finally realized that you are nothing. No ones ever gonna love you now. We all see who you really are." She whispered into his ear.

He could feel her lips touching his ear. Her hot breath swirled around him. The knife sunk into his throat, and before it could do anything that could kill him, she stepped away. She smiled and turned the knife on herself. She plunged it through her chest. Adrien cried out and caught her before she fell to the ground. The akuma left her and he was left holding a perfectly normal, dead Marinette, he tilted her head and kissed her softly. Sobs shook his body as he clutched her dead body. This was his fault. It was his fault.

Adrien woke up crying. He shook and reminded himself it was a dream. And that she would never die, cause he would kill himself if it meant she would live.