2

jungkook

reality was a bitch. that's all i could think as i watched jimin flirt with her. as i watched her call him 'oppa' and watch the toothy grin he gave in return. he barely even knew her and he was willingly to leave me bored on the couch while he goes and chats her up.

"annoying, huh?" yoongi said, referring to jimin and min hee. i liked yoongi. we didn't have to talk to hang out and enjoy our friendship. when i was mad, i went to him because he didn't ask me what was wrong, he just watched tv with me because he knew it would make me feel better. i think he understood me and with the knowing tone to his words about jimin and min hee, he might have understood me too much.

does he know i like jimin? wait. did i just admit i like jimin? oh, shut up, jungkook.

"yeah," i agreed with yoongi's statement.

i looked down at the bandage on my knee. the bandage jimin so delicately placed on my skin. i think i'm going crazy. 

jimin always handled me delicately. like i would break if he poked too hard. his smooth touches and forehead kisses and soft smile - they all were given to me gently by him. there were times where i wanted to reach out and try to give him the same feeling he gave me, a feeling of comfort and home.

i had to remind myself that it was because i was hurt. sometimes i pretended that he gave me a forehead kiss not because i was injured, but because he just wanted to. other times i pretend that his thumb brushing over my skin with care was not because i had a bruise, but because he felt like it. i wished all these things were true.

"ah! jungkookie!" jimin sang cheerily in front of me. i had spaced out and now he stood in front of me with min hee. great, just what i need right now.

"what, hyung?" i muttered tiredly. i was sleepy (it was night by now at jin-hyung's house), and hurt, and i liked the attention i was finally getting from jimin a little too much. i also really hated min hee.

"don't be like that," he told me. "we're here to have fun! party all night!" yeah, well i had enough partying the second she showed up.

"i'm tired."

"babe," min hee whined. i stopped myself from rolling my eyes. "he's boring, let's go back."

obviously not pleased with her words, i watched as he told her to leave, ignoring her when she made sounds of protest. she eventually left me and him and of course, a boy with bright mint hair sitting next to me. yoongi smiled at me before sending me a wink and getting off the couch. it was now only jimin and i.

yep. he knows i like my best friend.

"you're tired?" jimin asked cutely. my upset feeling had gone away as soon as min hee left. "this party's getting boring anyways. let's go home."

we agreed and he helped me up, using the back of his hand to guide me through the crowd of people to the door. he would move me out of the way every time someone stumbled and almost ran into me. he was always protecting me. he cared for me and protected me as i sat uselessly like a love sick puppy.

i promise, jimin, one day i'll take care of you.