Love me or leave me

A/N This story was inspired by "love me or leave me" by LittleMix.
It's a very heart breaking song <\3

"You used to tell me that you loved me once
What happened, what happened?
Where is all of this coming from?
What happened, what happened?"

Mitch sat at the edge of the bed, his heart in his sleeve. Feeling too tired and dolorous, too uncertain about everything that had been happening in his life lately.

He was crying, his heart aching in his chest, and his body longing to be touched.

All he needed was a tender touch, a genuine hug. One of those hugs that make you feel like your ribs could break from the tight embrace.

He wanted to be held close by the strong arms he slipped away from.

He wiped at his face, his hand feeling too dry as though blood had stopped running in his veins, or as though it was replaced by stinging pain that rapidly developed in his system like a killer cancer cell.

"You say I'm crazy and there's nothing wrong
You're lying and you know I know
Baby what have we become?
What happened?"

He missed Scott, his Scott.

The Scott he fell in love with, the charming caring gentleman.

The Scott who promised to love him until the end of time, to cherish every moment he got to spend with him, and every memory they created together.

The Scott who didn't sneak out of the bed in the middle of the night to sleep in the guest-room.

The Scott who didn't let him go quickly after they had been separated for days.

The Scott who told him "I love you" multiple times a day and didn't pause for too long before saying it back.

Mitch tried to go way back to try and remember when their relationship had started going downhill. When this had become his life, and he cried again.

He heard light distraught footsteps before the door opened, and a tall figure stood against the wooden door.

He had to hold it together. He needed to speak his heart out, to spit the pain out before he was breaking down again, before the words were stabbing his heart and bleeding at the tip of his tongue.

Scott could tell from looking at the smaller man, that this night was the night. The night it all was out there in the universe and their future was written on the stars.

He stepped closer, his chest tight and heavy. "Mitch .." he whispered kneeling down in front of him, eye on eye level with the smaller man.

He tried to say something, anything. It was like all the words in the English language were suddenly foreign and he couldn't string along a sentence to save his life.

He turned away, he couldn't bear seeing the hurt in Mitch's eyes. He couldn't bear seeing the shiny tears staining his perfect brown eyes.

Scott turned away, he couldn't say anything, nothing could make this less painful.

He cried, Scott cried, feeling his heart shattering behind his ribcage, bounding so hard. He was almost sure Mitch could hear his heartbeats from where he was sitting.