Chapter One: A tom-boy through and through

Roses are red.

Violets are blue.

I dont own Naruto.

So please don't sue!

Tenten's POV:

I tried to focus on the class I was in. Tried to focus on the words that came tumbling out of the teachers mouth. But it just wouldn't work. I kept thinking about him.

How annoying.

I scowled and my best friend, Hinata, who was sitting next to me noticed. "Your f-frowning again." She whispered in my ear. 

"What?" I asked her, snapping out of my thoughts.

She quietly giggled. "I said, your frowning again. Your th-thinking about him. Aren't you?" My scowl deepened.

"It's not funny, Hinata." I told her as the bell rang. We stood up, grabbing our things and walked down the hall to the cafeteria to meet up with our friends for lunch.

"It kind of is." She giggled again. "You can't even focus on your school work."

A sarcastic look over took my facial features. "Yeah, yeah. I know but it's his fault he shouldn't be like that." I said crossing my arms defiantly.

She shook her head at my immaturity. "Come on, Tenny-chan. Don't be so cold just because you like-"

"Shhh!" I cut her off looking around to see if anybody was listening before giving her a crazed look. "You don't just go saying that kind of stuff when people are around!" I whisper yelled at her.

I know what your thinking.

Wait. Did this senior just act like a third grader? My answer to that.... yes. Yes I did.

You also might be thinking, is she seriously breaking the fourth wall too? Oh my kami... My answer to that is also yes.

Anyway. Let's go back to the story, shall we?

She gave me a goofy smile and took my hand, dragging me the rest of the way to the cafeteria. When we arrived at our table most of the gang was already there.

I know what your thinking again! You probably already guessed who's at this table. I don't know how... stalkers...

I waved at the gang which consisted of, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Ino, Sai, Choji, Kiba, Shino, and Lee. I know right? So many people.

Lee waved back enthusiastically. "Good afternoon my youthful flowers!" I rolled my eyes as I took my seat next to Lee, Hinata sitting next to me.

"Hey Tenten!" I looked up to Naruto who had called my name.

"Hmm?" I replied. He leaned over the table and whispered, not all that quietly. "You're going to give me the answers for the test in English right?" He grinned.

Sakura punched him upside the head and pulled him back into his seat. "Shannaro! You can't cheat Naruto! I won't let you! Especially in Kakashi sensei's class!"

"Ow!" Naruto whined rubbing the growing bump on his head. "Sorry Sakura-chan." I rolled my eyes at Naruto's obnoxious whining when he appeared next to Hinata.

Neji Hyūga.

Just thinking the name gave me chills.

Now I know what you're thinking. No we're not a thing. I mean its not like I like him or anything he's just frustrating.

Incredibly frustrating.

He was good at everything. Academically and physically. He's even better in P.E than I am! And I'm the sports master. I never miss. Never quit. And I never lose.

Once I had to play a one on one game of volleyball with the guy. And we tied. TIED! Could you believe that? But not only was he stuck up about it, he was rude.

Oh, and the worst part about it all? He was my best friends cousin. And he lived with her. He was Hinata's cousin. So whenever I went over to her house. I would have to see him.

And whenever he looked at me I got this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Like I was nervous or something. But of course I ignored it because I never get nervous. Especially not about a boy. Why should I?

I'm the least girly girl in school. Ask any of my friends or anybody that knows me? I'm a tomboy through and through.

Not to mention I was a weapon fanatic. I loved weapons, and I had impeccable aim. Though my favorite weapon would probably be throwing knives.

Anyway back to the story.

I tried not to let my eyes wander over him. And I failed. Miserably.

I took glances at him as I ate my food. Before I stopped and started carving into the apple I was holding with my pocket knife.

"...en. Tenten!"

"Huh?" My head snapped up only to find everybody looking at me. Even him.

"I was calling your name." Sakura said raising an eyebrow at me. "You okay?"

"What? Yeah I'm fine just kinda zoned out." I shrugged and I felt everybody's gazes move from me. Except for Sakura, who was trying to talk to me.

"Well, I was asking if you wanted to hang out after school. Maybe do some target practice?" She suggested.

I grinned. "Definitely."

Sakura and I were on the schools archer team. Sure some kids at this school were okay. But Sakura and I? We were phenomenal. It was like we were born to hit the bull's eye with an arrow or knife.

"Alright. I'll meet you right after school in the target area. And try not to practice on any annoying kids before then." She smirked pointing her finger at me.

"No promises." I replied returning the smirk. "How about you focus on not getting into any fights before then, yeah?"

She rolled her eyes. "Hey, no promises."

We laughed and she looked over to Ino who was scolding her about last year and almost getting expelled.

I turned to Hinata. "Hey Hinata. Wanna join us?"

Hinata shook her head. "G-omen. Neji-niisan and I have to give Hanabi-chan a ride to her friends house after school."

"You could c-ome over later though. I'm sure Otou-san wouldn't mind." She told me with a smile before turning to Neji.

"How about it Neji-niisan? You wouldn't mind if T-Tenny-chan spent the night tonight?" She asked him with her smile still in place.

Neji looked at me for a split second when Hinata said my name but immediately looked away.

I realized Neji had the same look on his face that I got whenever Hinata asked me something with that smile on her face. He looked like he wanted to say no, or that he did mind. But he couldn't say it to Hinata.

Neji eventually sighed in defeat. "No. I don't mind." He mumbled.

"A-arigato Neji-niisan!" Hinata replied before turning back to me and giving me her signature shy smile.

My lips twitched trying to smile but I didn't let them. Instead I nodded and looked down.

I continued carving into the apple until the bell rang, signaling us to get to class. I sighed and set the apple I was carving onto the table sitting up right.

Might as well leave it for the people who have second lunch to take care of it.

I then walked out of the lunch room and waved at Hinata as we went our separate ways.