Chapter 13

Henry POV

"Doc, what about the black market? Can't we find a donor? Money won't be the issue!" It has been a year since pa tago tago kami ni Catalina. She's at the worst stage.

"No. She refuses to do that. She said black market means someone would have to die in order for her to survive. She wants nothing to do with that!" Well, if the doctor is against it there's really nothing I can do for her not unless I let Andreas know. Catalina won't forgive me if I do that. Think think think Henry!

Nasa tabing dagat si Catalina, naka tingin ito sa malayo. Alam kong ang kanyang mag ama ang iniisip nito. Andreas is getting suspicious of me. He thinks may binabahay akong babae. Every weekend kong binibisita si Catalina dito sa Opol, Cagayan De Oro parte ng Mindanao. Dito walang nakakakilala sa kanya maliban nalang sa doctor na sumama sa kanya dito para ma monitor ang kalagayan niya. Nababalita na si Catalina sa TV na nawawala. Unti-unting tumataas ang pabuya na ibibigay ni Andreas sa kung sino man ang makakapag turo kung nasaan si Catalina. Hindi Catalina ang pangalan niya dito kundi Lucielou. People call her Lou here and thank god wala masyadong TV dito.

"Hey, beautiful. How are you feeling?" She turned her way towards me.

"Henry, salamat ha!" Nang hihina na ito. Ang kanyang mga mata ay malalim at may black circles ito na para bang may gumulpi sa kanya.

"Andreas is getting crazier each day. Nag hihinala na rin ito sa akin. Baka next month hindi muna kita ma mabibisita. Ipapadala ko nalang si Manang Belen dito ha para may kasama ka. Mapag kakatiwalaan natin yun." She smiled at me.

"Whatever works for you, Henry!" She rest her head on my shoulder. She started crying. "Of all people bakit ako pa? Ano ba ang nagawa kong kasalanan sa diyos at pinaparusahan niya ako nang ganito?" Pinunasan ko ang mga luha niya.

"Hey, it's not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong. Sadyang mapag laro lang talaga ang tadhana!" Niyakap ko siya and she hugged me back.

"I miss them so much, Henry. I want to hug them and kiss them. Pero I don't want them to see me like this. I'm like a bomb that could explode anytime. I don't want them to remember me this way." She's beginning to hyperventilate.

"Hey, hey, Catalina! Breathe.... You're doing fine!" I carried her back in the house I bought for her. "Doc!!!!" Tinawag ko kaagad ang doctor niya.

"What happened???" Nerbyos nitong tanong.

"She's having a hard time breathing." this really breaks my heart.

Two weeks had passed and hindi ko muna binisita si Catalina dahil dumadalas ang tanong ni Andreas kung saan ako pumupunta. Pina tawag niya ako sa opisina na tila may seryosong gusto itong pag usapan.

"Umupo ka!" Galit nitong utos.

"What's wrong man?" I asked.

"Explain this to me!" Hinagis niya ang isang envelope na may lamang mga pictures. Pictures namin ni Catalina. Hugging. Sa tabing dagat. "Iniwan niya kami para sayo? FOR YOU????" Shit! Shit!! How do I explain this to him. "I trusted you. Halos ma baliw ako kakahanap sa kanya. Yun pala tinatanan mo lang ang asawa ko!!! Ang ASAWA KO PARE!!!!!!!" Tumayo ito sa kinauupuan niya. Damn it! I can't tell him the truth, hindi pa handa si Catalina na sabihin sa kanya ang katotohanan.

"What do you want me to do? She asked me to take her away so I did. Kasalanan ko bang minahal ko siya?" Damn it! Now I made the whole situation bigger than it should be.

"Mahal???? Minahal mo siya? Eh gago ka pala eh!!" He tagged me up and throw me towards the door. "ASAWA KO SIYA PARE! ASAWA KO! HINDI BASTA BASTANG BABAE ANG MINAHAL MO!!!! " he punched me and I stumbled across the room. I punched him back and it made him angry. "Bring her back to me! BRING HER BACK TO ME!" He yelled.

"NEVER! You're gonna have to kill me first before you get her back!!" I walked out of his office. I dialed Manang Belen's number right away to let them know that Andreas knew about Catalina's whereabout. Habang inaayus ko ang mga gamit ko papuntang Mindanao tumunog ang phone ko and it's Jamie.

"Sir, Andreas Torres canceled your trip to Mindanao today. He said he's going to pull out all his shares from our company if we let you leave!" Shit!

"What do you mean?!" I barked at Jaime.

"He's actually on his way now to Mindanao. The plane just left at may kasama siyang tatlong lalaki!" I hang up the phone and called one of my friend who owns an helicopter and thankfully he was able to let me lend his with the pilot. I dialed Catalina's number right away to warn her.

"Hey, he's on his way there! Kung gusto mo siyang kausapin I'm more than happy to explain to him everything but kung ayaw mo I'm on my way now and I can take you somewhere else!" I explained to her.

"Come. Get me! NOW HENRY!!" Catalina, Catalina, Catalina!! You're a very complicated woman. But then again I offered to help her. Hay naku. Shit I do for women!

"Okay, plan B. Mag hintay kayo ni Doc at Manang Belen sa Tunnel. Remember the one I showed you? Bring flashlights with you and make sure to put your ringer on silent just in case!" I gave her directions. "And Catalina, Andreas thinks we're in love. He insinuate kaya I went on with him." I don't know kung ano ang reaction niya but I had to let her know.

"Thank you Henry. Thank you talaga!" we hang up and I hurried to my friends Mansion kung saan naka parada ang helicopter niya.

"Henry, what kind of troubles are you in now?" Biro nang kaibigan ko.

"I'm just helping a friend. She's very important to a friend of mine kaya I'm going above and beyond on this one!" I wink at him and I know he got what I meant.

I'm nervous because hindi ko alam kung nadatnan ba ni Andreas sila Catalina oh naka labas sila sa tunnel. I purposely bought the house because of the hidden tunnel. I know there's a lot of people who wanted to hurt Andreas family because of his business kaya I made sure Catalina well be safe where ever I take her and who knew magagamit pala namin ito para maka layo kay Andreas.

Pag baba ko ng helicopter nakita kong nanghihina na si Catalina. The doctor carried her in and Manang Belen followed. At the back it's The doctor, Catalina and Manang Belen kami naman ng Pilot sa harapan. I only knew one place to take her na hindi malalaman ni Andreas. It was a last minute call I made. He was very happy I called him but he wasn't too keen about Catalina's situation.