Chapter 75

Taw leaves. Sam opens the divider.

"We got what we need. We'll let Les know what's up," I say. "I'll go back to the rig. Change out of these clothes. Then we'll take off."

Sam looks around. Doesn't find whatever it is she's after.

"Why would we do that?" she says.

"Didn't you hear him? They're coming for you. A bunch of them. Why would you want to stay?" I say.

"Because we're dead if we go back to Les empty handed," Sam says. Thumps a finger on my chest. "We need to get that dope and that money back, and then some."

I don't want her out here. She knows it.

"How do you suppose we do it then?" I say.

"Only two ways," Sam says. "Either take the stuff back or earn the money some other way."

I check the clock. Four hours until the crew switches out. The "samples" Taw mentioned, it didn't sound like he intended on paying cash for them. Especially when he and the crew come back cranked on dope.

There's no way Sam and I could take them all on with just the revolver, either.

Making a run for it sounds good. But who knows how long we'd make it before Les found us again.

What to do?

"Neither way sounds good," I say. "I'll find an idea. Or maybe one will find me."

"Figure it out," Sam says. Heads back to the bedroom.

"Keep that gun close," I say. A reminder more for my sake than hers.

"No shit," Sam says. Closes the divider with a snap.

Time to get to work.

*** PLEASE SUPPORT MY WRITING! ***

This story will only be posted on Wattpad for a limited time. If you'd like the full version, head to your favorite online e-book/book retailer and pick up your own digital/print copy. Search for "Invisible Hand Sobieck." Or leave a review of the book on Amazon once you're finished reading on Wattpad. Thank you. ~Ben