Chapter 10 Hostages

Zane and Pixal walked into Borg's office at Borg Towers. They held onto each other's hands, terrified beyond belief. Borg had said that they both had to come alone, so the other ninja couldn't come.
Pixal kept on shivering slightly, so Zane wrapped one arm around her. But even though Zane was trying his best to keep her from crying, the fear that he was feeling was nothing he had ever felt before. They both had no idea what Borg was going to do with them, but they knew it wasn't good.
"BORG!! We're here! Now let Lloyd go!" Zane yelled. Then they heard the sound of metal moving against the floor. Then Cyrus came out of the shadows, an evil grin on his face. But instead of his normal wheelchair, he was sitting in his huge pair of robotic legs, the same legs that attacked him back when they fought the Digital Overlord.
"Hello, Zane and Pixal. We meet again" he sneered.
"Where's Lloyd?" Zane asked, clenching his fists.
"Well, let's just say that before you got here, he tried to escape. So I taught him a lesson!" Cyrus exclaimed. Then a small, painful moan came out of the shadows. Then they saw Lloyd, locked up in a cage, with a long, deep cut in his right leg. Red, thick blood oozed from the wound as the Green Ninja tried not to burst out crying.
"Z-Zane?" he stammered, looking up at him and Pixal.
"What did you do to him?!" Pixal cried.
"What he deserved. Why don't you join him, my dear?" Borg said. Then, he pointed a strange looking device at Pixal and pressed a button.
"Pixal!!" Zane yelled, trying to stop Borg. But it was too late. Pixal suddenly disappeared, then reappeared in the cage next to Lloyd.
"What did you just do?!" Zane asked, anger blazing on his face.
"It's a teleportation ray. One press of this button and I can teleport anything. And before I put you in that cage, I have a little message for you first" Cyrus sneered. Suddenly, he jumped on top of Zane with his robotic legs, like a spider clinging onto a web. Zane struggled to break free, but the weight of the robot legs held him down.
"This will teach you a lesson for messing with my creation" the engineer said. Then he lifted up one of the legs with a sharp point and stabbed it into Zane's arm. The Titanium Ninja screamed in pain. Then Borg lifted the leg out, leaving a hole in Zane's arm and some oil on the sharp foot.
Zane held onto his arm, whining in pain. The Cyrus held out the teleportation ray and teleported Zane to the cage.
"Zane!" Pixal cried. She went over to Zane, who was sitting right next to Lloyd. Pixal quickly pulled out a purple rag and wrapped it around Zane's arm.
"T-thank you, Pixal" Zane said, smiling slightly. Then, recovering quickly, he moved over to Lloyd.
"Hang on, brother. I'm going to help" Zane said. Then he pulled out a white, long scarf and wrapped it around Lloyd's leg. Lloyd whined a few times as Zane put more pressure on his wound, while Pixal was wiping some of the sweat on his forehead.
"T-thanks, guys. B-but you didn't have to c-come for me" Lloyd rasped.
"Of course we did. Borg would kill you if we didn't" Pixal said, smiling.
"Well, all of this won't matter in a few hours" Cyrus interrupted.
"What are you talking about?" Zane asked.
"Behold, my newest creation, the Power Extractor XB2000" Cyrus announced. Then he pulled off a tarp and they saw a large, table-like machine. It had a bunch of cords poking out and had a bunch of bonds that were meant to hold people down.
"This device can extract the power source of any machine. As you can see, I specially designed it for traitorous nindroids" Borg sneered.
"And Zane will be the first test subject" Cyrus said.
"No! You can't do this!!" Pixal cried.
"Yes I can. And it will be done. You have 15 hours to spend some time together before I drain Zane's power source dry. I suggest to make it count" Borg said as he made his way into his factory line.
Zane, Lloyd and Pixal were speechless. Pixal hugged Zane, grasping him tightly.
"Please....d-don't let him do this..." Pixal whispered, tears pooling in her eyes.
"I have to. It's the only way to keep you from getting killed" Zane said, looking right into her eyes. She sat next to Zane, who was sitting next to Lloyd.
"Please, Zane. Don't do this" Lloyd begged.
"I'm sorry, Lloyd. But it's the only way" Zane replied. Then Lloyd put his head on Zane's shoulder, shivering slightly. Pixal moved closer and snuggled into Zane's chest. The Master of Ice then wrapped his arms around both of them. Lloyd stopped shivering.
"Thank you, guys. For coming back for me" Lloyd said, smiling.
"Of course we'd come back for you. Your family" Zane said. Then he turned to Pixal, whispering something in her ear so Lloyd wouldn't hear.
"I love you, Pixal" Zane said.
"I....love you too, Zane" Pixal replied, her tears hitting Zane's chest. Then Zane squeezed them both a little tighter.
"I am programmed to protect those who cannot protect themselves" Zane said. "And I will do exactly that until ever last part of power is taken out of me. I will not let Borg harm you" he continued. And with that, he gave Pixal a kiss on the lips.
"I promise".