Chapter 9 A Friend is Taken

Pixal was in Zane's bathroom, getting ready after breakfast. She was brushing her hair. She kept on smiling because she was thinking of  Zane the whole time. Then she put the brush down and did her hair up in her usual ponytail.
Suddenly, she felt two, strong arms wrap around her waist. She blushed as she saw Zane, hugging her from behind.
"I'm sorry I burst in on you. I just wanted to see how you were doing" he said, grinning.
"It's quite alright. I kinda like it when you do that, you sneaky nindroid" Pixal joked. They both chuckled as they turned theirs heads towards each other's, giving a quick kiss.
After Pixal was finished with her hair, they both sat down on Zane's bed. It was about 10:30am, and the sun shone brightly through the one window in the room.
They both moved in closer to each other, firmly grasping each other's hands. Pixal put her head on Zane's shoulder.
"Is something wrong? Your shivering like crazy" Pixal said, lifting her head up and looking into Zane's eyes.
"I-I'm just.....I little nervous about going back into the city. I know it's been over a week since Borg disappeared, but I'm worried that he still might be there" Zane replied. Pixal suddenly kissed him in the cheek.
"I know. I'm worried too. But we have each other to look after. And that's what matters most" she said. Zane said nothing but smiled, kissing her on the lips.
Then Zane lifted Pixal onto his lap. She wrapped her legs around his waist, along with her arms around his neck. He held onto her hips, pulling her in closer to him. He squeezed her waist a little bit, which made Pixal let out a small moan.
"You are the best thing that's ever happened to me. You know that, right?" Pixal whispered.
"Of course I do. You're what makes my life special. You changed my life. You changed me" Zane whispered back, leaning his forehead against hers. They both closed their eyes, taking deep breaths. They felt each's others breath on their faces, then they kissed each other passionately. Zane felt Pixal's fingers run through the hair on the back of his head. He then squeezed her hips tighter, which made her let out more small moans.
"I love you" Pixal whispered
"I love you more"  Zane whispered back. Then they leaned in and kissed again, making it last as long as possible.
Suddenly, they both heard a voice yell to them from down the hall.
"Zane! Pixal! Come on, it's time to go!" the voice of Kai yelled. They both broke the kiss, looked at each other and sighed.
"I guess we have to go" Pixal said sadly.
"Yeah. Maybe we can continue this later" Zane smirked. Pixal giggled, getting off of Zane's lap and to her feet. Zane stood up too and they both walked out the door and down the hall.
When they got to the training room, Kai, Jay, Cole and Nya were waiting for them.
"Did we interrupt something, you two?" Jay asked. He was joking around. As usual. Nya, Kai and Cole all let out little chuckles.
"Ummm.......no. N-nothing at all" Zane stammered. He and Pixal both stood beside each other awkwardly. They didn't realize how madly they were both blushing.
"Well, while you two were alone, we got the Bounty all packed up and ready to head to the city!" Cole exclaimed.
"Hey, has anyone seen Lloyd? He's supposed to be coming with us" Nya asked.
"He's in his room. He said he needed to get some stuff packed up" Kai replied. Then, Wu and Misako both walked in.
"You guys ready to head back to the city?" Wu asked.
"Yeah. We're just waiting on Lloyd. He's getting some stuff packed up in his room" Jay said. Misako suddenly looked at them with confusion.
"He's isn't in his room. Me and Wu just checked. We thought he was down here with you" she said. They all looked at each other.
"Well, if he's not in his room, then where is he?" Zane asked. Suddenly, the message sound on the computer that was near by went off. They all rushed towards it.
"Who's the message from?" Nya asked.
"I don't know. It just says, ' Private message'" Pixal said. Then she started playing the message.
There they saw, holding a hammer in his hand, was Cyrus Borg. His eyes were slightly bloodshot and sweat dripped down his face. They ninja were shocked.
"Hello, ninja. I have sent this message for a reason. I bet you are wondering where your beloved Green Ninja is. Well, see him for yourself" Cyrus started. Then he moved and they saw Lloyd. He was on a huge metal chair, his arms and legs bonded down by sliver chains. He wasn't hurt, thank Ninjago, but pure fear covered his face.
"Lloyd!" Misako cried, holding onto Wu. They were all shocked at what was happening. Kai looked at the screen, anger starting to fill his face.
"What does Borg want with Lloyd?!" he exclaimed. Then they were all quiet, as the message continued to play.
"This is a message for Zane and Pixal. I am willing to let Lloyd go, if you are willing to take his place" Cyrus continued. Zane and Pixal looked at each other, in deep worry. Zane clenched his fists, trying to contain his anger.
"If you ever want to see your beloved friend again, meet me at Borg Towers at 12:00. I'll be expecting both of you to come" Borg said. Then the message stopped.
The ninja were frozen. They did not know what to say. Then Zane spoke up.
"We have to go" he said. They all looked at him.
"I agree" Pixal replied.
"But, he's going to do terrible things to you! There has to be another way!" Cole exclaimed.
"Cole, if we don't do this, he'll kill Lloyd. We have no choice!" Zane said. Then, Wu walked up to them.
"Zane, I know you are willing to risk your life for a friend, but is Pixal?" he asked.
"I am. I would rather have me suffer than Lloyd" Pixal replied. She grabbed Zane's hand. Then she hugged him. Zane embraced her, hugging her back. They did not care that the others were watching. Pixal was shivering, so Zane hugged her tighter.
"It will be okay. I promise" Zane whispered to her.
"I'm scared, Zane" she said quietly.
"I know. I'm scared too. But I'll protect you, like I promised" he replied. Pixal snuggled deeper into his chest. He was trying to comfort her, but truthfully, he felt like crying like a baby. He was afraid too. He was just as scared as Pixal was.