Chapter 2 Nightmares

The sun shined brightly in New Ninjago City. Zane, Pixal and the ninja  were walking on the sidewalk, in deep conversation. Some birds flew by and chirped happily.
Suddenly, a great black shadow descended on the city which covered the sun. Within the shadow, was one of the ninja's old enemies, the Nindroids. They ran towards the people, striking them down. The ninja ran towards them, pulling out their weapons. But suddenly, their weapons disappeared. Pixal just stood their, watching in horror.
Jay and Kai were both shot with lazers. Cole tried to bring some of the people to safety, but was then stabbed with a nindroid sword. Lloyd was running from the Mechdragon, and was swallowed whole. The only one left was Zane. Pixal tried to move, but she was frozen in fear.
Zane was completely surrounded and a figure walked up to him. It was General Cryptor. He ran up to Zane and slashed his arm clean off, a bunch of wires dangling from the hole. He screamed in pain, falling to his knees. Cryptor laughed as he thrust his sword through Zane's chest.
"ZANE!!!" Pixal cried as tears streamed down her face.

Pixal woke with a start. Beads of sweat poured down her forehead. She looked over and saw Zane still sitting beside her, his ice cold breath hitting her chest. She leaned in closer and put her head on his chest. She started crying softly, soft sobs forming in her throat.
Zane woke up, blinking a few times.
"Pixal?" Zane yawned, feeling Pixal's salty tears on his chest.
"Pixal!!" Zane exclaimed, leaning her head against his." What happened?" he asked.
"I....had a nightmare. I-I thought you were gone" Pixal stammered though tears.
Zane brushed his hand though her hair, holding her closer.
"Shhhh..... It's okay. I get nightmares too" he said. Pixal looked at Zane, her neon green eyes staring into his light blue ones. Then she started telling him about her dream.
After, Zane was puzzled, but he continued to comfort her by wiping the tears from her eyes.
"You should get some sleep. You need your rest for tomorrow" Zane said, smiling at her.
"O-okay" Pixal said, trying her best to smile back.
Zane layed back down and Pixal layed on top of him,snuggling in his chest. Zane wrapped his arms around her and stroked her sliver hair. Zane kissed her forehead, which made Pixal blush.
"I'll be right here when you wake up. I promise" Zane.
"I love you" Pixal said.
"I love you too" Zane replied. Then they both closed their eyes. Before falling asleep, Pixal thought in her head. When she wasn't with Zane, she felt alone in the world. But when she was with him, she felt happy and safe. With him, she felt free.