An Interesting Lesson IV

The three marauders, minus Peter, who didn't have this class with them, were walking down the hallways. They had a free period after DADA.

"Well, Remmy, so much for laying low--"

"--not drawing attention to yourself--"

"--not speaking up--"

"--having the better moral high ground--"

"--not tryi--"

"--Okay! I get it James, Sirius! I just...well, I guess it was easier said than done."

Sirius laughed, rolling his eyes. "Well Rem, you're a true marauder!"

James clapped his hands. "Every single book in the whole classroom, wiped blank, all while you were reciting that page, I wonder who could've done it?"

Remus sighed. "Of course he blamed me. He held me back after class. A month's worth of detentions with Filch, and threats of expulsion..."

"Moony." Sirius looked him in the eyes. "It. Was. Worth. It."

"Sirius Black, Do NOT call me that."

"Ehh, you deserve it mate, making us shut up for an hour while you had your fun."

James stopped walking for a moment. "Remus, you weren't holding your wand. How on earth did you wipe all our textbooks, replacing them with lots of interesting sentences about our wonderful Professor?"

Remus shrugged. "Sometimes, wands aren't necessary."

"What?

"Yeah, what james said...WHAT?"

"YOU CAN DO WANDLESS--"

"SHUT UP JAMES, REMUS TEACH US"

"I can't--"

"Yes you can Lupin"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"It depends on emotio--"

"Can it Lupin, TEACH US NOW"

"I--"

__________________________________________

Yes, those detentions with Filch weren't the best, but for once, Remus Lupin did the one thing his friends have been trying to drill in his head since first year: Stand up for himself. This lesson, though it may have been forgotten at certain points, stayed with him till the end.