Boggart I

Peter cowered in fright. It was his turn to face the boggart...the whole class was watching...he couldn't fail. not in front of his friends...not in front of everyone.

The half-slug in front of him (which was a really weird joke) suddenly started to change shape as everyone backed away to give him room. The thing that it formed in front of him managed to get a shout from James, and an alarmed look from Professor Rolf. In front of him was his own lifeless body. It was pale and gaunt, there was no blood, no wound...nothing. It was just..there. He couldn't think of anything...anything at all to make it funny.

Numbly, he muttered the spell "Riddikulus". Nothing happened. the boggart leered over him, coming closer. Peter felt tears coming to his eyes. It was shameful to cry...he was the only one, so far, who couldn't face their boggart. He didn't want to cry, but a tear slipped down his cheek.

"R-riddikulus."

He tried again, it still didn't work. Some of the Slytherins (who, unfortunately were in this DADA lesson) were smiling at his uselessness. Peter really did feel useless...he was. 

Suddenly, Sirius, who was the closest person beside him, jumped in front of Peter, pushing him back, and casting a sympathetic look his way. Peters boggart vanished.