That Awkward Moment I

That awkward moment when you're trying to end a conversation and the other person won't stop talking.

"Her eyes, Padfoot! They're green, green like emeralds. Green like hope. And when she'd mad, they kind of intensify. Lily is...."

Sirius rolled his eyes. James had been talking for almost thirty minutes already. Peter had went to get a glass of water and Remus had claimed to have an unfinished DADA essay to complete. Thus, they left Sirius alone with this babbling prat.

"And her hair--"

"Yes, James.. I know about the hair. You've already made that point before."

"Yes Sirius, but it's like fire. When she talks, there's a melody to her voice. Of course I won't tell HER that but..."

Sirius sighed. He was his best friend after all but this was too much he had to end this bloody conversation already. It was barely a conversation anyway..it was more like an 'ode to Lily Evans'!

"James...how about we go through some quidditch tactics."

"Yeah, quidditch...right. It rained yesterday which must mean the grass is wet so if we practice today..." James trailed off, a dazed look in his eyes.

"Prongs...practice...Hello?" Sirius snapped his fingers in front of James' face. James blinked twice.

"Right! Do you know what's like the grass, Pads? Lily's eyes. Her eyes are as green as the grass on the quidditch pitch. Mesmerizing! When you look into them..."

Sirius groaned. "Um.. I have this thing...to do..."

James didn't even reply. He was going on about Lily's skill in charms class. Sirius stood up slowly and inched out of the common room. It was getting late after all. As soon as he was out of James' range of vision, he glanced back. James was still talking...unaware that no one was listening.

Sirius smiled slightly. Crazy...that's what James was sometimes.