Tea House

I got home that day and walked down the hill with Carson.
"I just want to get home." I told him. He looked at me smiling.
"Why? You don't want to hang out with me?" He asked. I looked at him.
"Not really." I said laughing. He made a sad face then laughed. "I'm just hungry, I guess." I told him as I picked up a dandelion and blew it.
"Don't worry, I get it. So, what are you wearing to my house?" He asked me.
"Probably a T-shirt, jeans..." I looked at him and he looked scared. "What?" I asked him. He looked at me and then down.
"It's just...my parents are snobs. They're elegant as you saw at my party." He told me. I looked at him and nodded slowly.
"Oh..ok." I said. He looked at me and picked up a flower.
"You have nothing to worry about." He said as he handed me the flower and smiled. I smiled back, but I knew I had a lot to worry about. I went into my room and chose what I was going to wear. The dinner was this Saturday and I had to find an outfit that was elegant like he said. I looked in my closet for any cute yet elegant clothes and tried them on. I had found a purple dress that went a little past my knees and had a crystal belt to go with it. I had also, found a pair of my diamond earrings on my table and some black heels. They weren't that high so I could walk and not trip. I had three days to get ready and I had to work on my etiquette skills. My friend Danasia and I went to a Tea House to be "proper." When we got there, I was wearing a dress that I was tugging at to be comfortable. We sat down at the table and drank tea with white gloves. I spit out my tea.
"Ew! That's disgusting." I said loudly at Danasia. She cleared her throat, looking me with deadly eyes. I wiped my mouth with my napkin and put it down.
"Can we go to the movies instead? I'm getting bored in here." I told her looking at my dress.
"No. Just listen to the classical music." She said as she took a mint from the bowl on the table. The Tea House was pink and had elegant dishware. The servers had on bow ties and tuxes.
"My dress makes me itch." I said complaining to her. She slammed her fork on the table.
"Well, suck it up! You know what? I've go to go." She said storming out the Tea House. I sat quietly at the table and someone tapped my shoulder. It was Carson smiling at me.
"What are you doing here? I saw you through the window." He said sitting down where Danasia was. I looked at my dress then at him.
"Looking stupid and about to leave." I said getting up. He got up quickly and grabbed my hand. He looked into my eyes.
"Did I do something?" He asked me. I shook my head.
"Look at me. I look like an idiot...and itchy." I said itching my back. He smiled at me and giggled.
"Come on." He said as he took me out the Tea House. We walked to my house and he asked me why I was there.
"Well, you know how I have to meet your parents." I said looking down. He laughed at me.
"Seun, you don't have to change to meet my parents. You're perfect the way you are." He said smiling.
"I just wanted to impress them." I said.
"Who cares if they don't like you? I'll like you anyways. They don't influence my decision." He said smiling at me. I smiled back at him.