The Kiss

The next day, my mom had dropped me off at school. It was warm outside and a cool breeze went through my hair. When I got to school, I met my friends by my locker.
"So, what are we doing after school?" Haley asked. I looked at them then back in my locker.
"Um, sorry I have plans." I said sheepishly. Haley and her boyfriend, Matthew looked at me.
"You have plans?" They said in unison. I looked at them smiling.
"What's that supposed to mean? That I don't go out as much as you guys?" I asked. They stared at me amazed.
"Yep, pretty much." My friend Danasia. I closed my locker door.
"You're going out on a date with Carson aren't you?" Haley asked. I just looked at her and smiled.
"You guys are so cute!" Haley said looking at Matthew. I rolled my eyes.
"You barely know him. Heck, I barely know him." I said. Just then, the school bell rang.
"We'll see you later, Seun." Danasia said.
"Ok, see you later." I said back. I looked at my books and then in front of me. My heart sank and my mouth dropped. I saw Crystal kissing Carson. I saw Carson's eyes wander to me and he pushed her away. He can walking towards me. I turned the opposite way and ran to class. When I got go class, I told my friends about what I saw.
"So, I'm guessing you're not going out with him anymore?" Haley asked. I turned around in my chair.
"No, I'm not. What were you guys planning to do?" I asked.
"We were going to the movies." Danasia said. I turned around to them.
"With you, Michael, Haley, Matthew, Abby, and Joey?" I asked. She nodded her head.
"I'll come, but you have to pay for my food." I said smiling. She smiled back.
"Ok, but next time we go out its your turn to pay." She said. I smirked ad turned around.
"You wish." I said. Second period was one of the classes I had Carson in. I now dreaded him in the class. He came up to me at my seat.
Seun, can I talk to you?" He asked. I put my hand around my ear.
"Did you guys hear that? A guy that I liked but then betrayed me?" I asked rudely. He just looked at me and said, "I didn't come onto her, she came onto me." I looked at him angrily.
"Go die in a hole why don't you?" I said. His face dropped and he looked at my friends sadly. Then, he walked away to sit down with his friends. I looked over at my friends with my eyes watering.
"Seun, are you ok?" Haley asked. I put my hand to my eye to wipe the tear away.
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just learning." I said as I looked down at my work. I heard Haley sigh behind me. When I was working, at the corner of my eye, I saw Carson occasionally look towards me. At the end of class, I saw Crystal laying against the wall. I looked back at the class and saw Carson come out. He looked at me and went over to Crystal. She grabbed his hand, put her arms around him, and kissed him. I watched as she opened her eyes to look at me. She was taunting me by kissing right in front of me. I turned around quickly and held my books tightly. I walked quickly to the next class I had. Never had I ever wished I saw that kiss or Carson.