Chapter 1

(Erik's POV)

I walked up to her and hugged her tightly. I too began to sob.

She hugged me tightly and kept crying. "You came back..." She said through her tears.

I nodded and looked down at her. "I will always be with you." I said, repeating the words on her bracelet. I didn't know if she would remember though.

She lifted up her wrist to show me the bracelet, still on her wrist. "You lied before." She said, her tears mixing with anger.

"I know." I whispered. "I know that I did. But, if you will let me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to you."

She turned away from me. "Make up for all the tears I cried? Make up for all of the times that Mike has asked me if you even loved me!?" Her voice rose as she turned back towards me.

I sighed, "I didn't know what to do back then." I whispered. "I loved you and still do. You mean everything to me." I said. "Do you know how hard it was to leave my wife and child? Every part of me wanted to run back to you. But, I knew you deserved so much more than me."

"If you would have listened to me, you wouldn't have felt the need to leave. Did I ever once imply you weren't over and above what I needed? I loved you too and you broke my heart!" More tears flowed from her eyes and she looked down at the floor.

I moved in front of her. I didn't know what to tell her. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her.

She kissed me back and her my head in my chest. "Did you really think I could move on?" She whispered.

"I had wanted you too." I whispered as I held her close. "But, then I would be very jealous."

"I did try, Erik. Jabril came back for about a year." She confessed. "He tried to woo me but I couldn't do it. I couldn't be with him. Not when I still loved you."

"I love you." I whispered as I kissed her again. "So so much."

She kissed me then pulled away. "Don't leave me ever again! I won't let you!" She said as she held onto me tightly. "I won't survive losing you again." She whispered.

"I barely survived." I whispered. I had lost a lot of weight from not eating.

"I barely did too." She whispered as she patted his side and noticed more ribs were more prominent than normal. "Everyone thought they were going to lose me."

"They couldn't lose you. You had a child to look after." I said.

"Why do you think I'm still here?" She said as she looked up at me.

"How is he?" I asked softly.

"I sent him to our room to change. He'll be out in a moment." She said. "He's so much like you!"

I smiled softly, "His smile is like yours." I said remembering. "Where does he sleep? I never made a room for him."

"He still sleeps in my room. I had nowhere else for him to sleep and I didn't want to leave this house." She said.

I nodded. "I'll start making him a room tomorrow." I then looked down at her, "That's if you'll let me be your husband once more?"

"You have to promise never to leave again. Promise! And, this time keep it." She said as she looked up at me.

"I promise." I said as I raised my right hand.

"Pinky promise?" Sarah asked as she held out her right pinky.

I smiled. "Pinky promise." I said as I locked my pink around hers.

She smiled and pulled a ring out of a pocket of her dress. "I believe you'll need this." She said as she laid my wedding ring in my hand.