Chapter 35

They pulled up outside the house, and all got out of the vans, locking up behind them. They all walked over to Alexis, “This is it guys, I don’t know what’s going to happen, just stay strong and don’t crumble under pressure, we need to end this, now, we need to make them pay for what they put us through” Alexis said. “I can’t believe we’re doing this” Charlie said. “We both know it needs to be done Charls” Alexis said. “I know, I’m just scared, what if something happens to any of us?” Charlie said. Luke held onto her, “I won’t let that happen” he said to her. Alexis smiled, “He’s right, nothing will happen, and I’ll make sure of that” she replied. “Okay, Dylan with me, you guys follow behind shortly” Alexis said. Dylan nodded. Alexis turned to everyone else. Danny walked over to her and hugged her tightly, she hugged him back. “I love you” he whispered. “I love you too” she whispered back. Danny then kissed her, holding the kiss for as long as he could. Alexis kissed back, holding the kiss for a few seconds before pulling away. “I’ll see you soon” she said. Danny nodded, letting go of her hand. Alexis walked over to Charlie and Daisy, and had a group hug, “They’re going to pay for what they did to us” Alexis whispered. She squeezed them slightly, before letting go. She walked over to Luke. “Thanks” Alexis said to him, “What for?” he replied. “Everything you’ve done, and this, just wanted to say thank you” she replied. Luke smiled, before pulling her into a hug, “I will keep Charlie safe” he said to her, Alexis smiled, then pulled away and moved away. “Come on then Dyl, let’s go” Alexis said. Alexis and Dylan then started walking towards the warehouse, and followed by the others shortly after.

            When they got to the warehouse, Alexis stopped. She turned to Dylan, “you ready?” she asked. Dylan took a deep breath, “Yeah, he’s gonna pay for what he put my little sis and her family through” Dylan said. Alexis smiled, before hugging him tightly. “Woah, what was that for?” Dylan asked. “To say thank you” Alexis replied. Dylan smiled, “It’s all good” he replied. Alexis took a deep breath, before pulling out a gun and holding it to her side. “It’s show time” she said. She then turned and saw Danny, Daisy, Charlie and Luke hiding behind a wall. She smiled, “I love you” Alexis mouthed to Danny. “I love you too” he mouthed back. Alexis then walked to the entrance of the warehouse, Dylan following behind. “Get out a gun” she whispered. Dylan did so, as Alexis opened the door and walked in, Dylan close behind.

            As soon as they walked in, the stench of death, and decaying bodies hit him, causing them to hold onto their noses. They quietly walked down the corridor, and to the end room. The doors for the end room had windows, so, staying low, Alexis and Dylan moved over to the window, slightly peaking over the edge of the window. They saw a group of the infected stood in a circle that filled the room, around a chair. As they looked closer, they that someone was sat tied to a chair, with 2 of the infected stood behind them. Alexis kept staring, waiting for the 2 in the middle to turn around. After a couple of minutes, they turned around. Alexis cursed under her breath. It was Ray and James. Seeing their faces, brought her so much anger and her mind started racing, and her heart started beating faster. Alexis moved away from the door, she put the gun back in her belt, before opening her backpack and pulling out 2 machine guns. She loaded them with ammo, before putting her bag back on her back. Dylan copied what she did. “Kill as many of the zombies that are stood in the circle as you can, I’ll deal with the two in the middle” Alexis sneered. “You ready?” she asked. Dylan nodded, and before he could reply, she stood up, and kicked the door open, and starting shooting instantly. Dylan copied her, and zombies started dropping to the floor, dead. Startled by the sudden outburst, Ray and James ran through the door on the opposite side of the room. Alexis and Dylan kept shooting, until their guns run out of ammo, Alexis then threw them out of the door, before pulling her machete out of its pouch. Alexis started running towards the remaining zombies, swinging it around and be-heading them. Dylan then pulled out his hand gun and started shooting them. “We need to find Ray and James” Alexis shouted. “GRAB YOUR MACHETE AND JUST RUN” she shouted again. Dylan quickly put his gun in his pocket, before putting out his machete, and running through the crowd of the infected, following Alexis.