Chapter 25

ALEXIS’ P.O.V

Alexis walked into her office, “Sorry I took to long” she said. “What happened to you?” Danny asked, looking at the blood on her face and shirt. “Oh, got into a fight, where are mum, Shay and Bailey?” Alexis asked. “They went to Bailey’s office for a nap” Danny replied. Alexis put the stuff down and walked over to Danny, she knelt next to him. “Are you okay?” Alexis asked, stroking his cheek with her finger. “Yeah, I’m fine, are you okay?” he replied. “I’m fine” Alexis replied. Alexis looked over to Dylan, “How you holding up Dyl?” she asked. “I’m fine now, just got a bruised knee, at least I can walk now” Dylan replied, before standing up and walking around the room. He sat back down, “It just hurts a bit” he continued. Alexis threw him the painkillers, “Here, take some of these” she said. “Cheers” Dylan replied. Alexis turned her attention back to Danny, “Where does it hurt?” she asked. “Just my chest” Danny replied. “Alright, take your top off” Alexis replied. Danny smirked at her, Alexis laughed, “Oh, behave, I just need to see if you have any open wounds” she replied. Danny laughed; he then took his shirt off. Alexis scanned him over, “Nope, you should be fine” she said. Dylan threw him the painkillers, “Take some of these bro, they’re good, they’re already working for me” Dylan said. Danny popped out 2 of the tablets, and put them in his mouth and swallowed them. “You can put your shirt back on now” Alexis said, throwing his shirt at him. “Yeah, I can, but I’m not going too” he replied, he then laughed and threw the shirt back at Alexis. Alexis laughed. “Come over here and give me a cuddle?” Danny asked, fluttering his eye lashes. He held his arms out. Alexis smiled, she then walked over to him and sat on his knee, he wrapped his arms around her. “Oh, guess what” Alexis said. “Mmmm?” Danny replied. “Charlie found herself a little friend” Alexis replied. “What kind of friend?” Danny asked. “A boy she met in the pharmacy” she replied. Danny laughed, “Pharmacy, ooh how romantic” Danny joked. Alexis punched his arm, “Oi, shut it you, she seems to really like him, she’s brought him up here” she said. “Are you going to tell him?” Danny asked. “I’m not, Charlie is, she’s got responsibility over him when he finds out, she has to make sure he stays out of trouble, and she has to make sure that he doesn’t tell anyone” Alexis explained. “Charlie’s smart, she wouldn’t bring him up here unless she knows she can trust him, I know that you’ll be thinking like ‘how can she trust him when she’s only just met him’ but feelings can develop within seconds of meeting people” Danny replied, trying to re-assure Alexis, Alexis smiled, “Check you Mr. Feelings” she joked. Danny laughed, “It’s true though, I knew a couple of seconds after I met you, that I liked you” he continued. “Really? I thought you hated me at first” Alexis replied. “I didn’t know how to respond to my feelings, so I just didn’t, that’s until I got bored of waiting and just asked you out” Danny said. “Aw, you’re so sweet” Alexis said, pinching his cheeks. Danny laughed. “So what’s the plan now boss?” Danny said. “Well, we need to see if you can walk now” Alexis said, she stood up and held her hands out, he grabbed onto her hands and she pulled him up, he wobbled a bit, but then stabilised himself. He put his arms around her shoulders, “Come on then, let’s go and meet this friend of Charlie’s” he said. Alexis laughed. She took a step forward, and he did the same. “Oh, its fine, I can walk” he said. He took his arm from around her shoulders, and walked around the room. “All good” he said. Alexis laughed. She held her hand out, “Come on then muppet” she joked, Danny laughed. He held her hand and they walked to Charlie’s office.

CHARLIE’S P.O.V

“So, you’ve got your own office, do you work here?” Luke asked. “Sort of” Charlie replied. “What do you mean ‘sort of’?” he continued. “I’ll explain it too you when we get to my office” Charlie replied.

            When they got to Charlie’s office, she unlocked the door and they walked in. Charlie walked over to her desk and sat on the edge, “Sit down” she said, pointing at the chair next to her, he walked over and sat on the chair. “Right, I don’t even know where to start...” Charlie said. “Just go at your own pace, there’s no rush” he replied. “Right, basically, I work for the secret services, and this is where we are based, this is base 1, which is the main base throughout the world. There is a base in every country, some have more offices than others, all together, there are 10 active agents at this base, and there are 30 all together, so the other 20 are labelled as retired, and they just work here now. There are, altogether, throughout the world, only 55 active agents left, the whole secret services originated from here, and we all work together to try and make the world safer” Charlie said. Luke stayed silent. “Say something then” Charlie said. “I-you-wha-how?” Luke replied. Charlie laughed. “How what? Did I become an agent?” Charlie asked. Luke nodded. “Because I was employed by the head agent” Charlie replied. “What do you mean by that?” Luke asked. “We have a head agent, she is responsible for maintaining maximum safety and security throughout the world, each base has a leader, but there is only one head agent, and she is located at this base” Charlie explained. “Where is she then? Because shouldn’t she be the one controlling all of this? Instead of leaving it to you and your sisters? I mean, you’re doing a great job, but I can’t even imagine how hard it is” Luke replied. “She is here, it’s Alexis” Charlie continued. Luke’s jaw dropped. “What? Alexis is head agent?” he mumbled. Charlie nodded. “But how? She’s not even that old” he asked. Charlie laughed. “I know, but she’s been working here for over 6 years, she knows this place better than anyone. The reason she got the title of head agent, is because she exceeded the usual 3 years of being an active agent, she kept getting better and better, so instead lost her title, so she got awarded as head agent” Charlie explained. “What, how old is she?” Luke asked. “17, almost 18” Charlie replied. “Wow, so she’s been working here since she was 11... That’s amazing, she must be really good at her job” Luke replied. “Yeah, she is, you’ve seen the way she handles situations” Charlie pointed out. Luke nodded, “I can’t even imagine how hard it must be for her” he said. “She’s strong, she can handle the pressure” Charlie continued. Luke nodded. It stayed silent for a while.

            “So, let’s talk about you” Luke said. “What about me?” Charlie replied. “What’s your role here?” he asked. “I’m a super agent” Charlie said proudly. “What’s one of them?” he replied. Charlie laughed. “Did you ever hear about that huge report on that team a while ago? The one where someone leaked evidence that there was a group of ‘spies’ called the TRIPLE THREAT ABC?” she asked. Luke nodded. Charlie smiled. “What about it?” he asked. “ABC...” Charlie replied, trying to hint to him. He had a confused look on his face for a couple of seconds. “Alexis, Bailey, Charlie” she said. Luke’s eyebrows raised. “You?” he mumbled. Charlie nodded. “We are the TRIPLE THREAT ABC” she said proudly. “Oh my god” he replied. Charlie laughed again. “Yeah” she replied. “You’re amazing” he replied. He then blushed a little. “Thank you” she replied. “I still can’t believe my girlfri- you are a super agent” he said. “I know, it’s really hard to belie- wait, what did you just call me?” She said. “Nothing” Luke said, starting to blush. “You did, you called me your girlfriend” Charlie said. “No, I didn’t mean that, I meant my friend that is a girl” Luke said, trying to cover up his mistake. “You sure about that?” she asked. “Yeah, unless, you know, you want to be my girlfriend?” he asked. “What if I do?” Charlie replied. “Is that a yes?” Luke said, smiling. “Well, that depends, doesn’t it?” Charlie replied. She smiled. Luke stood up and stood in front of her, “On what?” he replied. “If you want me to be” Charlie replied, looking up at him. “What if I do?” he replied, smiling. “Well you better show me a sign” she replied. “What kind of sign?” he asked, leaning closer to her. “Depends what you have in mind” Charlie replied. Luke smiled; he then leaned in and kissed her, after a couple of seconds, he felt her kissing back. “So does this mean you’re my girlfriend?” he asked. Charlie stood up in front of him and looked up at him, “Looks like it, doesn’t it” she replied. He smiled and held her hands. She smiled back at him. “You do know you can’t tell ANYONE about anything I’ve told you, right?” Charlie asked. “I know, your secret is safe with me” he replied. Charlie smiled. Luke leant in to kiss her again, before Alexis and Danny walked in.