Chapter 34

When they got to the bus depot, Alexis shot the lock, and opened the doors. There, were a row of about 15 double decker buses. “Oooooh” Alexis said, “Which one shall we take?” she joked. She then ran down to the one right in the middle. She pressed the emergency open button on the side of the door, and then climbed in, and into the driver’s cabin. She saw that there were a set of keys in the ignition. “Result” she shouted. Everyone jumped onto the bus, Bailey and Charlie sat on the seats, “Nice one!” Daisy shouted. Danny laughed. When they were all sat down, Alexis started the engine and shut the doors, she then started driving, and set off towards the house.

            When they got to the house, Alexis pulled over. She pointed to the house, “Okay, they’re in there, go and get them all” Alexis instructed. Bailey, Charlie, Danny and Daisy jumped off and into the house. A couple of minutes later, they walked back out, followed by all of the people. Alexis got off the bus, “Okay, we need to fill out the top floor first, then the remainder of people can sit on the bottom floor” Alexis instructed. She then jumped back into the bus, before everyone else started getting on the bus, thanking Alexis, Bailey, Charlie, Luke, Danny and Daisy as they walked past. When they filled the top floor of the bus, the few people left sat at the back of the bottom floor. Alexis then shut the doors. “Okay, we’re going to go for a little drive, see if we can find anyone else, then we’ll go to the shopping centre with everyone else” Alexis shouted. “LET’S DO IT!” Daisy shouted. Everyone laughed. Alexis then started driving.

            Through the journey, Alexis continually beeped the horn, to get the attention of any other people that are alive.

            By the time they got back to the shopping centre, the bus was completely full of people.

            When they got to the entrance of the shopping centre, Alexis saw a group of zombies surrounding the entrance. She jumped off the bus, followed by her sisters, Danny and Luke. The group of zombies were chanting Alexis’ name repeatedly. Alexis laughed. “LOOKING FOR ME?” she shouted. They all turned to her. Alexis smiled, and pulled out her guns, and so did the others. They all started shooting, and the alive ones began running towards Alexis. One of them, knocking Bailey over, Bailey screamed. Alexis turned to see that one of the infected was leaning over Bailey, she quickly shot them, and ran over to help Bailey. Bailey stood back up and started shooting again. “Danny, unlock the gates and drive the bus in, quick” she shouted. Danny stopped shooting and did so, and Alexis, Bailey, Charlie and Daisy continued shooting at the zombies. Eventually, when all of the infected were dead, Alexis, Bailey, Charlie and Daisy ran into the car park of the shopping centre, Danny closing and locking the gates after them. Alexis turned to see a large group of zombies running towards the gate. “Off the bus, now!” Alexis shouted. They all got on the bus, and Alexis sped towards the entrance. She then jumped off the bus and unlocked the shutters, “EVERYONE GET OFF THE BUS AND GET INSIDE!” she shouted. Everyone did so, and then Alexis ran inside after them and locked the shutters again.

            “Okay, everyone, into the main hall of the centre” Alexis instructed. Everyone then walked into the main hall, followed by Alexis, her sisters, Danny and Luke. “EVERYONE, CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE” she shouted. Everyone carried on talking. Daisy grabbed her gun and shot the ceiling. “YO, LISTEN THE FUCK UP!” she shouted. Everyone turned and looked at Alexis. “Right, as you’ve guessed, we have a huge epidemic going on right now, we are being attacked by people that have been infected with an unknown virus that appears to be turning people into zombies. I’m not sure how much longer this place will be safe for, so we need people on guard at all times. We’re going to have to take it in turns on shifts, and as you can tell, we’re all teenagers that are trying to do our best, and we’re going to need some help because we can’t be on guard 24/7 because we need our sleep just as much as you guys do, so we’re going to need around 9 volunteers to help us out and take it in turns with us to protect the shopping centre. So, if you’re willing to help us, step forward” Alexis shouted. Just then, a group of people walked to the front, 10 of them. Alexis jumped down, “thank you so much” Alexis said to them. “Okay, we’ll get you sorted out with some weapons, we’ll each be doing 12 hour shifts a day, which will be split into two 6 hour shifts a day. There will be you 10, then there’s us and the rest of our group” she instructed. “Who are you?” one of the people asked. “We’ll explain it all to you soon enough, please will you follow me” Alexis instructed. Her, her sisters, Danny, Luke and the 10 volunteers then walked up to HQ.