[Chapter 29] Back to Old Habits

-Genny's POV-

The reception was great. Everyone had a blast. Even Ash, who just stayed on the dance floor the whole time while everyone talked, danced, ate, and drank. I couldn't have been more happier, and I swear this was the happiest moment in my life (besides giving birth to Ash).

Anthony and I decided to put the honeymoon off. Too much was happening in our lives right now. Smosh was skyrocketing with being the most subscribed channel on YouTube and Ash's first birthday was coming up soon. There just...wasn't enough time to have one. I'm surprised we could even fit in our wedding.

I put Ash to bed and was ready to go back to work after the fun weekend we had. I kissed Anthony goodbye and walked out of the apartment. He and Ian were looking through the comments under their last Gametime with Smosh video to decide what they would be playing next.

I drove to work and walked upstairs. All of the nurses were raving about my engagement, it was quite embarrassing - all of this attention. I didn't like the feeling all that much.

I picked up my clipboard to see who I would be helping tonight. As I scanned the list, one name stood out to me. One that was familiar. Ethan Reynolds. I couldn't put my finger on it...but I swear I knew that name. It said he was recovering from a bad case of pneumonia, he was only going to stay two more nights.

I walked into Ethan Reynolds' room and gasped. It was him. My old high school, jackass boyfriend. He didn't look any different from what he looked like in high school. He was laying in the bed asleep. As I started to change his saline bag, his eyes fluttered open and he smiled. "What a surprise it is to see you, Gen."

"I go by Genny now." I told him, checking his vitals.

"You look amazing, how have you been?" I could tell by his tone that he was trying to flirt with me. Did he not see the ring on my finger?

"I've been good, Ethan. And yourself?"

"Eh. Could be better."

I wrote my name on the white board, clicked the cap shut on the green dry erase marker, and turned around to look at him. "If you need anything, just call for me. I'm here until three in the morning." I began to exit his room when he stated, "I've missed you."

I slowly spun around on my heels. "Is that so?"

"Yeah. Ever since I dumped you junior year, I've felt bad. You were probably the nicest girl I've ever met." He smirked. "I thought I'd never see you again after graduation. But here you are. And here I am. Single. And wanting to get back together with you."

I rolled my eyes. This was total bull shit. He dumped me for some hot cheerleader. "Well, I'm sorry. But I'm taken." I held up my left hand. "And anyways, you had your chance with me."

He closed his eyes and lay back. I started to walk out again when he started coughing like crazy. I turned around afraid something was going to go terribly wrong. But he calmed down and then, I heard him moan, "Genny."

"What?" I retorted with an attitude. I'm usually not like this to my patients, regardless of what they had or who they were. I shook my head, and more politely responded, "Yes, Mr. Reynolds?"

"Come here." He whispered.

I walked over to the side of his bed, and looked down at him. "How can I help you?"

He murmured something that was inaudible.

"What?" I asked, leaning down closer to him so I could hear him this time.

And he sat up, pressing his lips against mine. I pulled away as quick as I could and stumbled back into the leather recliner.

He chuckled, "Still have that spark." He lay back with a grin on his face. I looked at him in shock.