[Chapter 18] Lucky Them

-Genny’s POV-

All of us stayed overnight and we all fell asleep. I sat on Anthony’s lap as he sat in the recliner and Ian sat on the small window ledge with his legs crossed, hands in his lap, and head dropped. Ash just stayed in his carrier.

Around nine in the morning, I woke up to find the hospital bed with Ian in it. I sat up, causing Anthony to wake up too.

“What’s up?” He asked me.

I stood up, not answering his question. I walked over to the bed and slapped Ian in the face. He didn’t flinch at all. So, I licked my index finger and stuck it in his ear. Ian shot up and ripped my finger out of his ear. I looked back at Anthony, he was holding up his hand to cover his smile.

“What do you want?” Ian groaned, grabbing a tissue to clean my spit out.

“Where’s Tiff?”

He sighed, “She was taken into surgery.”

“Surgery!”

Ian glared at me, “Yes. No if you don’t mind, I’d like to get some sleep.” And he lay back down and drifted off. I rolled my eyes and walked over to Ash.

“I’m going to go get some breakfast, Anthony.” I declared as I picked my drowsy Ash up.

“Could you get me something too?” Anthony said as he sat up in the chair. “Just a cereal please.”

I smiled as I walked out of the room. While I was waiting for the elevator, my friend and coworker Laura caught me.

“Hey!” She said as she slowed down her pace, “Did you hear the news about your friend?”

“Tiff?” I clarified.

She nodded her head. “Mhmm! Turns out none of her major organs or arteries were damaged in the crash. All they needed to do is some cosmetic surgery and she’s supposed to be all good! Can you believe it?”

I chuckled, “No, I can’t!” I admitted, “That’s great! Only cosmetic surgery, huh?”

Laura shook her head, “Yeah, but she’s going to have to stay here a week for therapy.”

“Well, I guess that’s better than dying!” I joked. Laura gave me an evil glare. “Sorry, too soon?”

She rolled her eyes, “You, just keep your jokes to yourself.” She put her hand on my shoulder. “And don’t say that ever again. Now go tell you husband and guy friend the good news.”

“Whoa…no, he’s not my husband. Just my boyfriend.”

“Is that so?” She smirked and put her hands on her hips.

“Yeah…” And just with my luck, the elevator doors opened and I rushed in. “See you later, Laura!” And the doors slid shut.

-Anthony’s POV-

I sat as quietly as I could as I watch Ian toss and turn. My head was spinning; I had an idea, but I thought it was crazy, and I just wanted to ask my best friend about it, so I did.

I got up from the chair and walked over to the bed.

“Ian.” I said. No response. “Ian!” Still no response, so I did watch Genny did and gave Ian a wet-willy. He sat up in shock.

“What the fuck, man?” Ian shouted.

“I need to talk to you about something important.” I answered.

“What?” He glared at me.

I sat down on the edge of the bed. I took a big breath and said it out loud, “I think I want to marry Genny.”

-Ian’s POV-

Did I just hear him right? Did he say that he wanted to marry Genny? The girl, who happens to be one of my best girl friend, that he barely knew?

“Why all of a sudden?” I questioned him.

He turned around to look at me, “I just feel like it’s the right thing to do.”

“Is it only because of Ash? Because she’s been doing a great job on her own.”

He hesitated. “Not entirely. I do really love her.”

“But it still boils down to Ash.”

Anthony got lucky, because right before he was going to answer, Genny walked back in the room with his cereal and a small carton of milk.

“Hi guys!” She greeted as she sat down on the chair and started to bounce Ash on her leg, “Good news.”