Cassette 2 Side A

I put the first tape back on my desk and take the second one in my hand. I trace over her writing with my finger, and a tear falls on to the tape. I wipe it away quickly, and I bite my lip.

"Come on," I tell myself before snapping the tape in the player and pressing play.

Roses are red. Violets are blue. You were always an ass. But I didn't have a clue.

David.

That's right, darling. I'm talking to you. David fucking Roche.

He'd indeed always been an ass. I wondered why Cher was ever together with him, but then again, who could blame her? She was alone, and he pretended to care.

While I was at my worst, you came to me. I thought you were my savior. You helped me out the shit hole I was stuck in.

She was happier after they got together.

But once I was out of there, you decided you wanted more. Now, you lovely twats, I shall warn you in advance that this tape has some horrid, graphic details. M.

That doesn't sound good.

Remember the day we were making out after school? It was like any other make out session, only your hands were a bit more wandering. Before I knew what was happening, you'd torn off my shirt and started groping me. I told you to stop. I wasn't ready. But you ignored me and tried to get me out of my pants. You forced me to resort to kicking you in the balls. Oh how you screamed.

I shudder at her words. I didn't know that he'd tried to pressure—no. He tried to rape her. I knew he was a awful person, but I never thought he'd try to rape someone.

I got out of there, shirtless and terrified. Needless to say, that ended our relationship. I will say this, however. I am glad that you kept the shit talking to a minimum. You know. Only calling me an ugly bitch every now and again. At least you didn't spread slut rumors of pretty little virgin me. But that wasn't enough for you to stay off my list, my friend. You made me feel like an object. My feelings didn't matter. I was just there to please men. Thank you for that. I am not worthy, David 様。

Her words play themselves over and over again in my mind, even as the tape comes to an end. I am not worthy, David-sama. She'd used that sarcastically so often that I would find myself saying it, too, instead of "your highness".

I rub my eyes. "I miss you."