Prologue

Chad laughs, "Prince Charming." He shakes his head and reaches into his pocket. Kayla immediately steps in front of Lucas as Chad takes his hand out of his pocket. "Chad, please don't do this." "You did this. You made me do this." He points it at her. "Chad stop." Kayla begged, tears streaming down her face. "If I can't have you, no one can." He pulls the trigger. Kayla places her hand on her stomach. When she pulls her shaking hand away blood stains her hand. Panic erupts in every direction. Kayla turns her head to Lucas and feels herself falling. Lucas rushes to grab her. He collapses to the ground with her in his arms. "Oh god. Someone call 911!" He looks back down at her. He places his hand on top of Kayla's, putting pressure on the bleeding wound. 

    "Am I okay? Am I okay?" "You're going to be just fine babe. Stay with me. Everything is going to be okay."  Kayla's breathing starts to become uneven. He brings his hand up to her cheek and rubs his fingers over her cheek. Dark red replaces the pale color of her cheek.  She coughs, all you see is blood. "I love you." He shakes his head, "Don't say that. You're not going anywhere." 

  "I love you more." Her eyes flutter for a second. She looks back up at him, "I'm scared", she whispers. He wraps his arms tighter around her and brings her closer. "I got you", he whispers back.