Chapter 2:-

Chapter 2:-

I wake up as the plane lands on the tarmac, climbing out of the bed my knees feel shaky but I ignore it. Quickly checking my appearance in the mirror before I head out to civilisation, when I’m okay with it I go and sit down with Kate and David. “We’ll leave now that you’re up. Nathan will be waiting outside, with our daughter Bailey. Bailey’s a year younger than you but I think you’ll get along just fine” Kate smiles encouragingly. Sending her a small smile I take a few deep breaths and then follow them out the door, down the plane steps and towards the car waiting for them. “Welcome to Vesria” David says kindly.

“Thanks” I mutter, the bags get brought to the car and Kate taps on the window. A young girl, who I assume to be Bailey, steps out. She’s quite beautiful, she has short, straight blonde hair that ends at her shoulders. Her eyes are a dazzling deep blue and she has the perfect figure and a tan to die for. She’s wearing a white summer dress and white pumps that makes her look tanner. “Hey, you must be Sophia. I’m Bailey” she beams at me and runs to hug me.

“It’s nice to meet you” I smile, she looks from me to Kate and giggles.

“Don’t be shy, we’re going to be sisters. I know it sucks that you don’t have a choice but we’ll get along just fine” she promises.

“Awesome” I say, trying to sound more confident. But it doesn’t work, they all laugh at my attempt but it doesn’t feel like they’re mocking me. “Nathan!” Bailey calls, the second door opens to reveal a totally hot guy. He has light brown hair with stormy blue eyes, he has a light summer glow and it’s obvious that he works out. He’s a little bit taller than me and wearing a grey suit. “Hi, I’m Nathan” he says smoothly, he holds out his hand and I shake it. He has really soft hands, I pull back quickly and look at the ground. “Okay, now that everybody is acquainted why don’t we go home” David proposes. “The kids drive in one car, the adults in the other” Kate smiles warmly, she ushers me into the car Bailey and Nathan just came out of and then she follows David to another one.

~~

“How was the flight?” Bailey asks after a few minutes of silence,

“It was fine, I think? I slept for the entire flight” I say, slightly embarrassed. I hear Nathan chuckle lightly and Bailey giggles. “I do that all the time, there’s nothing to do on plane’s besides sleep” she agrees.

“Yeah” I whisper.

“So how long have you known?” she asks, obviously on a mission to keep the conversation going.

“Known what?”

“That you’re going to be married into our family?” she asks, I choke on the air as she says that, Nathan looks awkwardly out the window. “Um I found out yesterday morning, once your parents arrived” I reply, still trying to catch my breath.

“Oh that sucks, I would hate to find out the day before” she says, I nod in agreement and look out the window. We pass a school and I look at Bailey, “what school do you attend?” I ask.

“Oh we’re home schooled. It’s so much easier and you go through so much more, it’s your last year of schooling, isn’t it?” Bailey replies.

“Yep”

“Well you get to spend it in your PJ’s” Bailey smiles, I smile back and chew on my lip.

The rest of the drive is silent, it’s extremely awkward but Bailey gave up on small talk. A few times my eyes start to tear up but I blink the tears back and remind myself that I’m in public. We pull up to a gravel drive way and Bailey opens the door, “this is it!” she beams. I step out the door and I’m in awe, the house is like a mansion. Bigger than my house, which is huge. I feel like a princess, a princess with no free choice. Nathan steps out the car and walks around to me, he puts his hand on the small of my back and leans down to whisper in my ear. “Just a heads up, we have to share a room. But it’s big and stuff and clean. Don’t freak when mum tells you” he chuckles. Internally I groan but externally I smile.