Chapter 20- We Are Done

A/N- I'm fore-warning you that this is still a Garmau fanfic, trust me. This is just a little... "plot twist". I was gone on a youth trip the whole weekend (w/o wifi😭😭) and wrote this while I was sick so... That's fun. I also really, really want to thank all of you for over 1,000 reads. I cannot express it with words how thankful I am and I hope to continue this book for as long as possible. It means a ton coming from an average girl in the middle of Virginia. Love you all and thanks again, Riri ;D

Aphmau's POV

I wake up to an empty yet warm bed. I'm tucked in while I see a note on the bed where Garroth was sleeping last night. I rub my eyes and stretch my arms out and read it.

Went with Dante where they are building the New Meteli to help out. We split it up between us, Nicole and Katelyn and the girls are going to Brightport to talk about everything that has been happening recently. They are also stopping at the wolf village so they should be back the same time we are. See you later and I love you my queen, Garroth

I smile and place it on the dresser and make myself some breakfast. I eat my oatmeal thinking that this is the first time in a while I have eaten breakfast alone; I had Levin, Malachi and Zoey then Garroth but today none of them are here.

I shrug it off and head out into the village.

I check all of the places around the village and decide to head out into the woods to gather materials. I am cutting down a tree when I hear footsteps.

I draw my sword and climb a tree to get high ground. I look around to see nothing and continue cutting down trees.

I am cutting down my last tree around 4:00 when I am pinned down to the tree with a sword at my neck. Crap.

I try to draw my sword when I see a few more people coming up behind them. I notice these people are thieves as they are carrying weapons and lots of treasures.

"What do you want?" I manage to speak out.

"It depends. What do you have?" Says this younger looking bandit, even though he has a white mask covering his face and a gray hoodie.

"I have diamonds on me. Here." I pass him half of the diamonds in my possession. "As we can both see you have the upper hand here."

"Hehehe. This is all you have. Pathetic." He says laughing maliciously. Please Aphmau. Go into your form....... Nothing. Darn it.

"What might your name be? Maybe we could make you a slave." says a different bandit.

"A-A-Aphmau. I'm the... Lord of Phoenix Drop." I speak loud and clear.

"Well that's perfect. TIE HER UP GENTLEMEN!!" He yells. "If you need me, I'm Trall. Now don't go blabbering my name, at least I can pray to Irene for this blessing..." He walks off as they tie me up.

They gag me as I try to kick out of the trap. I try yelling but slowly loose my voice until it is practically gone. Please, someone help.

As if Irene heard me, Aaron jumps out and attacks the thieves, successfully untying my arms and legs. I draw my sword, when I see Trall and two of his gang members about to cut Aaron's neck. No, not another one of my guards... I can deal with Brian but not this...

After seeing Aaron suffering, I finally turn into my so called "Irene" form. My wings wrap around my waists and my white glistening sword appears.

"BACK. OFF." I yell, when I pin someone to the ground within a second. Everyone looks confused but the weird thing of it all is Trall is bowing to me.

"I-I-I a-a-m-m-m so s-s-o-r-r-r-y m'lady" he stutters out, and continues to bow at my feet.

"FIGHT ME LIKE A REAL MAN!!!" I yell in pure anger. By now everyone except Trall and Aaron have fled I tot he woods but I feel their presence nearby.

"Please. M'lady. I am so sorry for my horrible deals and deeds. I need a life and I bow to you and worship your presence. I shall never hurt you not let anyone hurt you. I was born to protect you. I will stay with you." He recites as if he were giving a speech. I see that he is sincere and turn back to normal.

"As long as you do not hurt us or my village, you are free to leave." I say letting out a breath of relief.

"W-wow. T-thank you m'lady. I will continue to worship you and whenever we meet again, you are welcome to eat our foods and take our foutune. Thank you." He says running off after his crew. What just happened?

I look over to Aaron who has his shirt entirely off as it sits in the corner. He is tending to a small cut, somethings minor and treatable. I walk over and heal it with my magicks and he puts his jacket back on. He is handsome. Stop Aph, you love Garroth.

"Hey. Thanks for saving me back there." He says.

"Think nothing of it. I would have been dead meat without you untying me." I chuckle. We meet eyes as he places his hand on my cheek. My immediate reaction is blushing. Smooth. Why are you letting him do this to you??? It feels nice, but Garroth is better...

He leans in and we kiss for about one minute as I finally stop us. What have I done.

Then I hear it. Metal hitting the ground as we are still in the bandits hideout. I turn around to see a rush of blue and blonde. Oh no. No no no.

I stand up brush myself off and run to the shiny ring laying on the ground. Garroth's ring.

Tears rush down my face as I see a fuzzy blob of blue and red. Dante.

I stand up and hug him as I know he won't mind. I have no clue where Aaron is, probably still behind me but I try my best to tell Dante what happened. After about twenty minutes of explaining and sniffles, I stop and run. I need to find Garroth. I hear footsteps behind me as I keep following my true loves footsteps. I clench his ring as my vision becomes blurry with tears and frustration. I continue on until I reach the spot in the woods we had our picnic and see none other than Garroth.

I wipe the tears away and sit next to him. His face is red with tears and his eyes are bloodshot.

"H-h-hey." Manage out before he interrupts me.

"No. I LOVED YOU APHMAU!!! I HEAR YOU SCREAMING AND HEAR SILENCE AND RUN AFTER YOUR SOUND AND FIND YOU KISSING ONE OF MY FRIENDS! I CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MAD I AM! I THOUGHT I HAD A CHANCE WITH YOU BUT I WAS DAMN WRONG. I WANTED TO START MY LIFE ANEW THE FIRST TIME I MET YOU. And now, you've collapsed it. We are done. Bye Aph." He says, fighting back tears as I am balling eyes out.

"M-m-y k-iing" I mumble, reaching toward his hand as he snatches it away.

"NEVER call me that again. EVER." He says as he runs toward the village. I sit in the grass, slowly falling to sleep in a pool of my tears as his words replay through my mind. We are done.