Chapter 12- Home Sweet Home, I Guess

A/N- I AM SO SO SORRY!!!! I have had so much work at school that it got the best of me :(. But, thank you for over 200 reads! It's crazy because last I checked it was under 190 XD. Anyway, I hope to finish this chapter and sorry again, Riri :P 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We unboard the ship as we are greeted by Dante, who must have been keeping guard as it is late at night. I get off first with my belongings followed by everyone else onto the docks and then the beach.

"Hey Dante." I say, giving him a high five. "Everything okay around here?"

"Yup. Nicole and I have been guarding a lot so we kept it in tip top shape. Glad to see you back in one piece. Did it go well?" Dante says, as he puts a hand through his slightly sweaty hair. 

"Yeah actually. Just one thing is that I need to wed someone soon, and they have to be somewhat important. Like a Lord or a heir to a Lord." I say, slightly blushing as Aphmau creeps behind me and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, sooner or later we will have this all figured out" Aphmau says, very soothing. I look into her maple eyes as she stares into mine. I feel my blush picking up, and I see a slight tint to her cheeks as well. Not knowing what to do, I kiss her cheek, a little quick but long enough to not be awkward. Dante face goes blank and I feel everyone has look at us in disbelief. 

I especially see Laurance who is now behind Dante. His eyes and expression are filled with sadness, but he covers it well with a grin. I look down as Aphmau giggles and kisses my cheek, which was very unexpected. 

I blush super red as she head back on board to unload materials. 

"WOW, UM, I, WOW" Dante says, just staring down. "I didn't know you two were a 'thing'" 

"Heh, it kinda happened on the trips lately but yeah, we have a date on the beach tomorrow evening." I say, as my blush fades a little. I walk over toward Laurence, who hasn't talk much since we docked.

"Hey man are you okay?" I ask, while he unloads a box.

"Oh. Uh, yeah. Don't worry about me. You should go get to bed, I'll be there in a second just let me unload this crate" he says, not looking me in the eyes. I decide to ignore it for now.

"Uh, okay. See you in a but I guess" I say, while I say goodnight to everyone. As I get to Aphmau, she looks drained and super tired.

"Hey, Lady Aphmau." I say.

"Uh, uh, uh!" she says, her usual funny self.

"Haha" I say sarcastically. "Sorry but anyway I came to say goodnight. I am heading to bed and it seems that you should too." I say, as my cheeks slightly blush as I notice her well kept hair, even after everything.

"Yeah, I was just heading to bed actually. I can't wait to be at home sleeping well for once" she says, as she kisses me on the cheek. I giggle a little, but in a manly way. "See you on our date tomorrow! Goodnight Garroth" she says, walking up the path.

"Goodnight, Aphmau." I say slowly, as I watch her head up the path, safely into her room. I head to the guard tower as I feel my eyes get heavy, and fall asleep immediately. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am woken up by some ruffling in the sheets. I rub my eyes and notice it is just a restless Dante, who squiggles and squirms in his sleep. It is early, but not too early, so I decide to wake up early. Both Laurance and Dante are sleeping so I tiptoe to the first floor where I get dressed. I head out the door and walk toward the plaza.