Epilouge

Three years later...

Madison

Three years. Threewhole years since I've seen Samuel. These past three have been really good to me. Dave and I are still together and we had a baby boy, James Eli Franco. I still talk to Nathan, that's how I hear about Samuel. He always tells me that he's sorry, he wishes we were still together, and all the other crap. After what he did, I would never take him back in my arms. I'm happy with the life I have know. Dave got me a job in his building and now I'm his personal assistant, not like that. Oh I almost forgot, and we are happily married. Maybe breaking up with Samuel was a good thing.

*

" Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear James, happy birthday to you!"

" Yay!"

" Happy second birthday my baby boy."

He smiles up to me and has cake all over his mouth. I went into the kitchen to bring out ice cream, when I felt muscular arms wrap around me.

" Hey."

" Hi."

" Two years ago you gave birth to handsome little boy."

" Well he gets his looks from his father."

The doorbell rings and we both look at each other.

" I thought everyone was here."

" Oh I forgot to tell you that Nate wanted to drop off his gift for James."

He leaves the kitchen to open the door and I bring the ice cream to the backyard. I hear laughing coming from the inside, so I walk in and see Dave, Nate, and Samuel.

" Hey Madison. I just wanted to drop this gift off to James."

" Can you stay?"

He looks back to Samuel," I don't think that will be a good idea."

" I don't care about him, just please stay for James", I whisper.

" Fine, just because the kid is my nephew."

*

It was night, and James seemed to enjoy his birthday. I myself was enjoying it too, until Samuel came. He tried talking to me, but I ignored him. Dave knows that Samuel was the one who cheated on me, he was by my side the entire time.

" Babe I'm going to go put James to bed."

" Ok. James say night night to uncle Nate."

" Night night!"

I give Dave a kiss and he heads up stairs.

" I think I'm going to go talk to Dave and James."

Great, now I'm left here with Sam. It was silent for a few minutes until he decided to speak.

" How come you haven't talked to me in three years."

" Because we're not friends."

" Well I think we are."

" That's funny because last time I checked, you cheated on me, so that doesn't make us friends."

" How have you've been?"

" Great."

" So you and Dave are married now?"

" Yes for a year now."

" I should be the one you marry and be James father."

" You think that after three years you can come in here and say anything."

" Well of course, I was your first love."

" You disgust me."

" You know you love it."

" I want you to get out of my house."

" Why?"

" Get out."

He walks near the front door and takes one last look at me.

" I never stopped loving you."

He vanished out of my life forever.