Chapter 2: The first

Some of the following content is inspired by the DC comic storyline Crisis on Infinite Earths

J: "Wally..."

I dropped my jaw, and I could see his smile through the darkness.

W: "The one and only."

J: "What... What are you doing here?"

He looked back at the water, as if he was considering if he should just leave. But then he turned to me and started to walk towards me.

W: "Does it sound to creepy, if I say that I'm here to see you?"

If I hadn't already dropped my jaw, I would have done it now. What the hell was going on?!

J: "Is this a dream? Because I've had much weirder than this."

He laughed. I could feel my heart starting to beat faster. It had been years since I last heard that laugh, and it made me want to smile, just like it used to.

W: "No, it's not a dream."

J: "Well... Then I don't know what to say."

He was only standing a few meters away, and I could only focus on how tall he had become.

W: "You have never been the quiet type, you'll come up with something."

His smile grew wider, and I wanted to kick myself for letting it affect me as much as it did.

W: "In the meantime I would like to tell you, that you look beautiful."

I lifted my eyebrow. What was he doing?

W: "Not that you weren't beautiful before... You just... Well the moonlight really..."

I had to stop him!

J: "Thank you, and you..."

I allowed my eyes to travel down his chest, which was a stupid decision. It was June so he had just turned 25, and becoming an adult hadn't hurt him one bit! All his muscles were trained and visible, and my eyes feasted. He was wearing a black T-shirt and dark blue pants, so both his chest and arms were more than just noticeable. But beside a more evolved body, his hair was the same red, wild fire I remembered. It suited him, and looked amazing.

J: "You look good to."

There it was! The boyish, flirting smile that only Wally West could make with perfection. The voice inside of me was cheering and was definitely enjoying the moment.

W: "Thanks."

The awkward silent was growing, and I wished that I could fly away. I had dreamt about meeting Wally again, but in my dreams I was much more cool and not just awkward! Clearly he was also having trouble finding a topic for our dead conversation. But then again I hated this kind of conversation! Clearly he hadn't returned after years of cutting contact just to tell me, that I looked good!

J: "Wally why are you here?"

He took a deep breath.

W: "It's a long story."

I looked at the sky, which was completely black with a few stars to decorate it. There was easily more than 2 hours to sunset. I walked to the edge of the roof and sat down with my legs dangling of the edge. Wally stared at me, and I made a gesture for him to sit down to.

J: "We have time enough."

He smiled and sat down next to me. His smile was filled with gratitude, as if he hadn't believed that I would listen to him. He sat for a moment and stared at the water, but then I placed my hand on his. He breathed out, and looked at me. And then he told me everything.

He told me everything! Even the parts that was supposed to be secret, but he said that I deserved to know:

Years ago, back when we were partners, he left with the Justice League. He couldn't tell me why or for how long he would be gone, but there actually was a good reason. To save earth (again) the Flash, Barry Allen, had sacrificed himself and died. To make sure panic wouldn't spread, the Justice League asked Wally to become the Flash. He was going to act like he was the real Flash, so only the people related to Barry Allen knew that Barry was dead.

To make sure people didn't get subspecies, Wally would play Flash, and Bart Allen would take over the role as Kid Flash. Then they told everyone that Impulse had returned to the future, which was also what I thought had happened! So every time I had seen Kid Flash on TV, it was actually Bart.

They had done this for years, but a week ago something extraordinary happened. In the beginning Wally had been afraid to tap into the Speed Force, but at one point he had to, to save Bart. Then he learned that he was the fastest man EVER alive. He learned to use the Speed Force in new ways, and this made him even faster than Barry and Jay had ever been. A week ago Wally tapped into the Speed Force, and he discovered that Barry was alive in there but not fast enough to escape it. Using their speed together, Wally managed to save Barry and bring him back.

Barry passed out do to exhaustion, and he woke up 3 days later. After many discussions, it was decided that Barry would return to the role of Flash and Bart would stay as Kid Flash. Wally was left with no hero identity, but apparently he hadn't thought about that yet.

W: "After the last meeting a couple of hours ago, I knew exactly what I wanted to do first."

J: "I'm the first?"

He nodded and gave my hand a squeeze.

W: "I know it's been years, and I feared that you would push me away, but I had to try. I owed you an explanation."

I smiled and nodded. It was very sweet of him to think about me first. The sun was setting, and realized that we had been sitting on the roof for hours. But there was still one thing that I was wondering about.

W: "It feels so good to tell you! Thank you so much Jinx. After all these years you're still the easiest person to talk to."

J: "Wally there is something I need to know. All the times I visited the Watchtower... The Flash I saw... Was that you then?"

He laid down on his bag.

W: "That was the hardest part! Fuck the villains, every time you were close I had to ignore you, and it was killing me!"

Now everything made sense! The ceremony were 10 heroes including myself were being accepted as Leaguers (And yes you read correctly! I'm a Leaguer!) the Flash was the only one of the original 7 founders who wasn't present!

J: "It must have been hard."

W: "The worst!"

I looked him right in the eyes, and I almost drowned in them. I had forgotten how beautiful they were, and the memories of our past together pushed their way forward. He kept looking at me, and I could feel the butterflies in my stomach, I thought was dead, moving.

I was losing myself in the moment, but then Raven came to my rescue. She slammed the door open and jump out.

Raven: "What the hell are you doing up here?! I was getting worried, when you weren't in your room, and now I..."

Raven dropped her jaw and stared at Wally. Wally was going to say something, but she didn't let him.

Raven: "Wally! What the hell are you doing here, you **********?!!"